texture transparent

Started by remake
16/01/2009 22:45
Page 1 of 1
remake16/01/2009 22:45

So, i made few signs + numbers in photoshop. I used R: 0, G: 0, B: 255 for background and used tag "{" when i saved it in Wally. So, in hammer i made func_illusionary with that texture and set render mode to "Solid". So, blue areas should be invisible, but they're not. They are still blue. I extracted {invisible texture and opened it in photoshop, and it showed that background color is actually R: 0, G: 0, B: 254. I made new signs with that background color and did again same things, but still no invisible areas :/. Why?

elvis.record holder16/01/2009 23:57

You have to choose Solid as render mode and 255 FX amount I think :P

dEMolite mapper17/01/2009 00:38

The color index from the image source is not true 255. I had planned to write a tutorial for photoshop.

Here is the smallest way:
Create a new picture with a transparent background.
Image / Mode / Indexed Color

Indexed Color:
Palette: Local (Selective)
Colors: 256
Forced: None

Press Okay.
Now Image / Mode / Color Table

Press the Transparent Color and a new window will popup with the color picking. Give it now the RGB Value 0 0 255

Save it as a 8bit bmp and add it to your wadfile

remake17/01/2009 01:11(edited 17/01/2009 01:22)

EDIT: I want to make numbers 0-9, it's easy when i write one nr, save it and then i can just change a number and save it as another image, but with this tech i have to make new image for each number :/ Some other ways mby?

dEMolite mapper17/01/2009 01:27

if you are making longjumps. you can use 2 numbers like 24X and so on but you will be faster with single numbers ^^

remake17/01/2009 01:34

actually i want to make numbers for timecounter. And if i make always new image, then every number will be on different place so it will be weird while timecounter is working :o

elvis.record holder17/01/2009 12:38

Use black background instead of blue and just add a number in the center of the picture and save, then change the number to something else and save...
I did like that and it works.

remake17/01/2009 16:24

lulz? When I do as dEMolite said then it connects all layers, and i just cant edit one layer to get all numbers/text in same position. And atm I don't want to use black, cause it will be abit blurry when i set render mode to Additive..

elvis.record holder18/01/2009 19:31

it won't be blurry, and are u using photoshop?

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.