kzhu_waterpimp :D

Started by colix mapper
17/01/2009 18:51
Page 1 of 2
colix mapper17/01/2009 18:51(edited 17/01/2009 18:52)

hai there, its me again, with a new map AGAIN.
been working on this one for a long time with many breaks, but still its here!
i'd like if u had some name suggestions for the map cuz this one sounds kinda stupid and doesnt rly reflect the theme :)

i guarantee i'll finish this one cuz there r like 2 little bugs left to be fixed only, so i wont drop this map away :)

and so, here r the screens!

elITe^17/01/2009 19:30

Looking good as usual mate! Looks really fun tbh :)

I'm thinking, kz_elITe_r0x_4_ever_v2, but it's your decison! :D

kz_pipeville
kz_water_pipes


I don't know =(

sn00p -_-17/01/2009 19:41

looks nice gonna try later

colix what about portal ? :s

remake17/01/2009 19:49

look pretty nice, but you should change some textures (halflife.wad) esp. crate textures, other stuff looks cool. about name.. kz_pipebase :D

cHoseN ♥17/01/2009 20:08

kz_securearena?

colix mapper17/01/2009 23:37

first of all thanks :)
second: snoop, portal is almost rdy but im lazy to foinish it :D

mtoboiii8000 mapper18/01/2009 00:11

COLIX!
LEARN
TO
USE
LIGHT
FFS! :D:D:D:D:D
dude thats beatiful bit the ight is UBER ugly!!! PLS! Sit on your ass and learn how to use good ligtht :D:D

colix mapper18/01/2009 13:20(edited 18/01/2009 13:30)

mentalo ffs :D why dont u EXPLAIN IT TO ME SO THEN I WOULDNT MAKE THAT UGLY LIGHT?:D thanks btw :D

elite: kz_elITe_r0x_4_ever_v2 sounds cool but u know the name must reflect the theme of the map :D
remake: i thought about replacing the pipe textures to non-hl ones but a friend of mine said they give hl feeling to the map and that he likes them :) but i guess ill give it a shot now and see how it turns out :)

radon mapper Tournament #318/01/2009 13:34(edited 18/01/2009 13:34)

nice colix :D u really improved alot !

kafds18/01/2009 17:25

GJ mate that really looks nice, I'd enjoy playing that fo sho :)

pontus :)18/01/2009 22:04

Texture lights? :P

colix mapper19/01/2009 09:15

thanks all :)
now i have a 'little' problem: i made texlight instead of light entities, and now the first half of the map is total darkness, but in the end the texture lighting works fine. there r different textures for lighting in the first and the second half, but i checked many times and i wrote the texture names correctly in lights.rad
if anyone have ever met something like this tell me how to fix it :O

remake19/01/2009 09:26

Use tex lights + entity based lights together mby?

raver mapper19/01/2009 14:12

colix, copy/paste your .rad file. Because I think you got a number to much. When you copy/paste the brightness from a light entity. Sometimes you forget to remove the "255" at the end. If you dont remove this, or edit this. You light value will be 255, and not the number behind it

colix mapper19/01/2009 15:33(edited 19/01/2009 15:36)

well my lights.rad looks like this atm: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2787/lightsraden6.jpg

the texture 'C3A2_LIGHT' is working fine with texlights, the others dont. :/

puppetz mapper19/01/2009 16:08

It looks awesome colix! I agree that you should always use texture lights, though.

About that problem, I'd say you should re download Hammer or find a default lights.rad file. If that doesn't work, maybe try linking to your lights.rad with the "-lights " parameter in HLRAD.

You could also try entity-based texture-lights, scroll down to "Modifying your halflife.fgd file" on this link.
Otherwise I don't know what you could do, that problem sounds rather strange. :/

Good luck, hoping to see it finished soon. ;)

DiDo-Grecord holder19/01/2009 20:42

I lol'd at this ^^

elITe^21/01/2009 04:22

I'm sure colix will finish this map sooner now, thanks to VoDkA`BoY :D

Ratmen23/01/2009 03:46

kz_colixrulz_climbbase

c0ld^23/01/2009 19:24

zomg, nice 1 map!

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.