Lighting Problem...

Started by Timmycakes mapper
04/02/2009 07:46
Page 1 of 1
Timmycakes mapper04/02/2009 07:46

This MAY have been addressed somewhere else but anyway, I'm making a Bhop map and in one of my rooms (its kind of a large room I suppose), there are a whole lot of pesky light bugs I guess u can call them. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my light_env. Is there anyway to fix it without getting rid of the light_env?

Here's a Picture:

http://i41.tinypic.com/wrfls0.jpg

Again, I am almost certain it has to do with the light_env and the glass i have near the top of the room. You can see unattractive lines of light everywhere.

Thx in advance.

pLANE mapper04/02/2009 08:46

AHHH! I hate when that happens and I would like to know what is the fix for that ugly shit. I just blasty blast the room with more lights to get rid of those shadows. There is probably a better way

Timmycakes mapper04/02/2009 09:20

haha yeah good point/idea. i dont wanna make everything in there a func_wall :s darn this unmanageable engine! ill try the light flodding thing till someone (hopefully) can come up with a better solution =x

raver mapper04/02/2009 14:39

Offtopic: The whole roof is suported on glass? Thats weird

Ontopic: This isnt a bug, just how you set your pitch and yaw. These are shadows created by the enige. To set the outside of the shadows more smoother. Try a higher "fade" value

Timmycakes mapper04/02/2009 15:13

yeah i looked at that too and was like "uhh can u say 'structurally unsound??'"

but ok lets see if that works.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.