latency effects jumping?

Started by Om1
06/02/2009 20:20
Page 1 of 1
Om106/02/2009 20:20

I was jumping on some highping server and I was told that I shouldn't cuz it effects my jumping alot. now I've played cs for 3 years and kz alot and havent't noticed anything diferens in movement at all cuz ur high/low ping. nor could I think of any way it could effect movement.

so how is it really?

Ryderc06/02/2009 20:23

Maybe just the freeze who change the quality of straff.

You don't see it, but they exist :(

Om106/02/2009 20:28

Originally posted by Ryderc
Maybe just the freeze who change the quality of straff.

You don't see it, but they exist :(

what is this freeze then?

Ryderc06/02/2009 20:32

lag :D

Ratmen06/02/2009 22:27

the effects are with some entityes like trigger_push

Om106/02/2009 22:48

Originally posted by Ryderc
lag :D

high ping does not mean lag :)
Originally posted by Ratmen
the effects are with some entityes like trigger_push

that's greek to me :P

itachi^06/02/2009 23:24

i dont know much about this, its just experience :)

you press the keys when you see the situation to press them, so if the image you get is delayed aswell, it shouldnt change anything

i think you have to make a difference here between lags caused by a bad connection and lags because of a foreign server location

from my experience the image corresponds pretty good with the movement if the lag is only caused by long range connection, whereas lags caused by pr0n download just mess up the image/action relation

ratmen was talking about pushs or boosts, which are pretty rare in kz maps i think, but common in surf maps, those are a different group i would say, lets call them the server given effects on your player

in this theres really a big difference from high to low ping, probably because when u press a key urself, the action has an equal delay to the image, if the server does the action, the delay of the image is alot bigger....
..............
...................
i have no clue and i think everything above could be complete bullshit, im just trying to help :(

Fliborecord holder Tournament #206/02/2009 23:31

Just connect a chinese server and try to jump there... It's REALLY hard to jump with 500 ping.

ajR`07/02/2009 00:52

High ping delays my mouse movement, or so it seems.

cC|SpiNe07/02/2009 10:36

I feel the difference on bhop maps only. Where they have the mpbhops function.

kz`Moxx mapper07/02/2009 12:59(edited 07/02/2009 13:06)

Originally posted by .=.´ajR`.=.
High ping delays my mouse movement, or so it seems.


You got it!

Everything is delayed, like a countjump, you have to time it completely different.

And I know this because I play alot at american servers, or atleast used to... KZM, PhooGi etc.

zhady Tournament #207/02/2009 14:42

I used to play on some simen servers! NP!

Om107/02/2009 16:35

Originally posted by kz`Moxx
Everything is delayed, like a countjump, you have to time it completely different.

And I know this because I play alot at american servers, or atleast used to... KZM, PhooGi etc.

I play at them servers to, but I really don't feel anything strange other than occasionally laggspikes. it's just like zhady said NP!

alma'07/02/2009 22:36

Originally posted by zhady
I used to play on some simen servers! NP!

[IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5719/latencydv7.th.jpg[/IMG]
- Been playing with high latency all the time 300-500 is playable more then that is mad fun
- AXN maps with latency = fail

cheche17/02/2009 15:35

Originally posted by zhady
I used to play on some simen servers! NP!


Well you're swedish, you got an uber internet-connection ^^

Not that it matters... I can usually bhop without any probs as long as the ping is not over like 150, then it gets abit messy.

w411b4ng18/02/2009 03:10

It's easy to describe. Internet connection to server you are playing - it is the exchange of pockets from server to client and vise verse. So you jump and just stuck in the air, but you should do strafes, and it's impossible, cause there is now image refreshing on screen and you do strafes almost blindly. And yes, you can bynnyhop on ping ~150, but not LJ.

StormZz19/02/2009 23:56

i can lj with a ping of 300

akkord mapper20/02/2009 00:06

ill do fine at bhop climb and lj at a ping around 300~ too

qewi20/02/2009 01:39

agree with most of the other guys here, i havent noticed any troubles with 150-200 latency while jumping.

Om120/02/2009 13:38

I guess there might be some kinda effect but it's really small.

offtopic: n1 avatar akkord =D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.