Compiling not responding

Started by Fanas
11/02/2009 16:16
Page 1 of 1
Fanas11/02/2009 16:16

I'm making a really big map, and I want to test it before I release it. The map has a lot of entities. And it compiles, when I compile it in parts, but I want the whole map. So how it goes...
I start the compiling, it says .bsp generation successful and everything's okay, when it comes to VIS, my CPU processing goes up to 100%, and computer become laggy a bit, and in task manager, it shows that vhe is not responding. Once I waited about 3 hours, and still, no respond. But I know, that it takes a lot of time to compile such a big map, but then how much? I mean, I don't know or to leave it for night, or this is a program bug. Maybe something similar has happened to you, please answer!

PsYxOpAt mapper11/02/2009 16:41

1st give us the the txt file 2nd try to compile the map with batch compiler with ZHLT 3.4 final

remake11/02/2009 19:38

As far as i know it has to not give any response, but ye, try to compile with batch compiler, and use mby hint brushes for faster compile.

Santi-24/02/2009 15:51

hey, can some1 post a link to a good batch compiler tutorial ><, or a link to the best batch compiler, because i have one ,but when i search for tutorials there aare all diferent from mine :/

dEMolite mapper24/02/2009 16:25

the program is self expalined and mapping is learning by doing...

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.