Lan Server Ip-Adress Information on Steamfrie

Started by chrizZo
31/03/2009 04:30
Page 1 of 1
chrizZo31/03/2009 04:30

I got people on my friendslist where I can right click on their name, selecting view game info and I can see the Ip-adress of their lan server.

I got people on my friendslist where I can right click on their name, selecting view game info and I can't see the Ip-adress of their lan server. But if these people are giving me the Ip manually I can connect via console to their lan server.

So wheres the secret? My ports are fowarded, sv_lan 0 of course, but my lan server is not visible at steam friends to other people.

Is there any way to fix that? Would be cool if you know that!

kz.sj LFree`31/03/2009 15:43

omg
mb it's stupid, but try to change sv_lan from 0 to1 o_0 sometimes it's help me..and what IP exactly he gives to u?

xPaw mapper31/03/2009 15:48

uhm for example, all friends see my correct ip of internet on lan, i see at almost all guys the lan ip 192.168.... dunno why :D

eMTi31/03/2009 15:55

he means that he can directly connect to this friend without having to msg him for the ip adress.

answer: one way to make this poss is not to use a router =)

kz.sj LFree`31/03/2009 16:09

whatismyip.com help u :DDD

lagster mapper01/04/2009 00:54

no idea, this happens all the time for me man, i check what games some people are playing it says LAN but they are in pub, other times people PM me asking to come into my LAN when im in pub, i guess its a steam issue?\

no idea. its quite annoying sometimes haha

kunqui01/04/2009 02:14(edited 01/04/2009 02:14)

Unninstall hamachi..
Off firewall and dont use proxy

chrizZo02/04/2009 00:47

Wouldn't work.

The problem is the router tho. If I would use a modem, it would be possible.

NumB02/04/2009 07:58

chrizZo, as I said, you should try to add "+ip my.ip.address.here" in start options. Test it and if it works - we'll get a no-ip domane for you.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.