Jumping higher with jumpbug

Started by Oddi^
03/04/2009 14:58
Page 1 of 1
Oddi^03/04/2009 14:58

So, could you jump higher with jumpbug? I mean that you jump before you touch the ground, so in theory it would be possible.
Could someone test this? I'm not good at jumpbugs, I only make like 1 out of 100...

qewi03/04/2009 16:26

No, you jump much lower with jumpbug.

lonewolf VIP03/04/2009 16:28

no way.
jump bug is like you jumping inside the ground, so is much lower.

Extract03/04/2009 19:34

Topic has been up before, and no you don't get more height with JB.

zyllEE04/04/2009 02:59

Originally posted by Oddi^
So, could you jump higher with jumpbug? I mean that you jump before you touch the ground, so in theory it would be possible.
Could someone test this? I'm not good at jumpbugs, I only make like 1 out of 100...



Originally posted by Extract
Topic has been up before, and no you don't get more height with JB.


iiN your face!

NumB04/04/2009 10:18(edited 04/04/2009 10:18)

Actually you can make jb or while being above or while being below the ground. However everything is going really fast there so I'm not sure are you teleported on the ground when jumpbugging above the ground.

If you are not teleported on the ground when jumpbugging above it - you can jump from 0 to 1.96875 units higher.

Will explain why numbers are like this. When making a jb you must hit in two units. Those two units aren't from the ground. They are: 0.03125 units below the ground and 2 units above that spot.

So in other words even I dunno the answer to this question.

However once did 65 units jump with doubleduck and jb in lt_city_extreme (or kzlt_city_extreme_v2 - do not remember witch one). But I thought it's cuz of "item_longjump" I have (speed boost when unducking and jumping). But that one should work only if you'r on ground for the engine. So in other words - I really dunno.

Probably...


OffTopic:
Also could you stop saying "iiN your face" or "iiN hacked xj" or anything else what flames iiN. Mby he cheated (that slowmo detector isn't perfect anyway and it only hooked smt similar to slowmo in 2/4 of his demos).
I'm not saying that I'm on someones side at all - I'm just saying: CAN YOU FINALLY STOP THAT?

uffo.04/04/2009 10:58

Originally posted by NumB
OffTopic:
Also could you stop saying "iiN your face" or "iiN hacked xj" or anything else what flames iiN. Mby he cheated (that slowmo detector isn't perfect anyway and it only hooked smt similar to slowmo in 2/4 of his demos).
I'm not saying that I'm on someones side at all - I'm just saying: CAN YOU FINALLY STOP THAT?



yeah thats true +5

CAKEbuilder04/04/2009 10:58

..was waiting for NumB to step in ;]

Oddi^04/04/2009 10:58

Thank you NumB for explaining it. I am very interested in different things you can do with a jumpbug. I am currently training jumpbugs, so I could make them more often.

PS: I love your jb-trainer plugin, I did my first jb with it and I always use it when I'm jumpbugging, it's really useful.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.