Is there a way to jump higher?

04/04/2009 14:28
Page 1 of 2
Scary Tournament #204/04/2009 14:28

Is there? I don't know a single one, not dropbhop, dropcj, jumpbug or anything. Is there something that can do it?

Mehz04/04/2009 14:41

Doubt it

Spaniolu04/04/2009 14:42

edark sayed that its possible to jump higher with legal settings but he didnt sayed how to do it.... I saw it in an old thread.

Extract04/04/2009 16:19

Scout and gravity :E

I doubt there is any "public" known way to jump higher, only eDark and some kreedz-scientists knows ;)

Yamakasi04/04/2009 16:47

scout dont help to jump higher .
btw spaniolu is right eDark says that he know how .

kaynerecord holder04/04/2009 16:59

I'm not really sure about this, but I think I've seen someone in the forums saying that u're jumping 1 unit higher with standup.. Someone knows if its right? :d

akM04/04/2009 17:11

Imo theres no way to jump higher. maybe u could strafe up, l0l.

zhady Tournament #204/04/2009 17:33

slide jump, :D

Pjevs - tfw.kz04/04/2009 17:56

I think its with some kind of Jumpbug..

BooLiSH04/04/2009 18:07(edited 04/04/2009 18:08)

Originally posted by kayne
I'm not really sure about this, but I think I've seen someone in the forums saying that u're jumping 1 unit higher with standup.. Someone knows if its right? :d


i think it means 1 unit higher than with normal bhop, but not higher than with a normal (long)jump...

I think its with some kind of Jumpbug..

Pjevs // Ptr

no

Spaniolu04/04/2009 18:23

if edark says its possible means it is :D!

PepoMerca04/04/2009 18:27

it must be poss.. but we dont know yet :P

cahz0r Tournament #304/04/2009 19:59

and we wont know how! just imagine what would happen with the climb we know today

kaynerecord holder04/04/2009 22:32

Originally posted by BooLiSH
Originally posted by kayne
I'm not really sure about this, but I think I've seen someone in the forums saying that u're jumping 1 unit higher with standup.. Someone knows if its right? :d


i think it means 1 unit higher than with normal bhop, but not higher than with a normal (long)jump...



you're right! :)

Funksta 05/04/2009 03:10

Originally posted by cAhz0r
and we wont know how! just imagine what would happen with the climb we know today


Yeah, millions of more shortcuts I guess.

lagster mapper05/04/2009 07:32

would change everything lol :/

Ryderc05/04/2009 14:51

Yes and not, if this is a stupid tech with jumpbug, this is a little useless in run and for the most part of shortcut.

But interesting.

if edark posts an statement where he says that it is possible, i wonder how many will actually try to discover this technique, and if they will keep it a secret or want the technique named after them and release it ;<

spr1n mapper07/04/2009 12:18

dont think its possible... eDark said once that hl engine can change actual gravity to a lower for a frame or few, if I remember right. Since you need ~36 frames to jump on something about 63 units high, I doubt you can gain a single unit. Unless change is really big... estimated about 300-350 gravity for 1 frame, and thats a huge glitch imo. but who knows...

Cretu07/04/2009 12:44(edited 07/04/2009 12:45)

have you tryed to do a CJ and hit the wall very fast after you +jump?

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.