Lag and big size of my clip

Started by Oddi^
17/04/2009 16:16
Page 1 of 1
Oddi^17/04/2009 16:16

Hey! So the thing is that when I use the startmovie something 90, it gets the pictures, I make it into a .AVI with VirtualDub. Now it has like 700mb filesize and it's very laggy. Is there any way to fix that? I cannot use fraps or anything like those because it makes my fps 20 and the movie comes very laggy. I have only seen guides for Sony Vegas. I am using Windows MovieMaker. Thanks in advance!

Funksta 17/04/2009 16:20

Well, program can't show every single frame and it is normal that file size is so large.

Oddi^17/04/2009 16:33

But how can I make it smaller? I have seen like 20minutes long movies which are 800mb, my 20secs is 700mb...

noddan17/04/2009 17:04

ehm oddi , you cant expect it to be good after you have taken it out from virtualdub . you must do a final render in Sony vegas etc .

Oddi^18/04/2009 00:16

noddan, is it possible to "final render" it with Windows MovieMaker?

tiehjay ^_# √18/04/2009 10:29(edited 18/04/2009 10:33)

Its normal, that it's laggy, because it's an uncompressed .avi-file. ;]
When you're playing your clip, check out the fps (should be able to see) :P
With your "final rendering" (eg. with Sony Vegas) you get a smooth file (if you used enough frames and good settings :P) with a smaller filesize ;]

If you can rendering an .avi-file with Windows MovieMaker, I'm not sure.
If I find sth. about it, I will tell it here.

EDIT: Maybe this can be useful for you, but am' not sure. :P
Direct Stream: http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Render-High-Quality-Video-with-Movie-Maker-22799957

V0ncH...18/04/2009 15:02

final render = 800mb / 20mins that you understand

the one from virtualdub, is uncompressed thats why its soo big

scimmy4cs18/04/2009 19:34(edited 18/04/2009 19:37)

Originally posted by Oddi^
Hey! So the thing is that when I use the startmovie something 90, it gets the pictures, I make it into a .AVI with VirtualDub. Now it has like 700mb filesize and it's very laggy. Is there any way to fix that? I cannot use fraps or anything like those because it makes my fps 20 and the movie comes very laggy. I have only seen guides for Sony Vegas. I am using Windows MovieMaker. Thanks in advance!

your avi from vdub its uncompressed,that makes your movie bigsized, put zeh movie in sonyvegas and render with wmv9 codec and it should be okey °K XD

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.