Need help in Vegas

Started by Dragon
17/05/2009 15:57
Page 1 of 1
Dragon17/05/2009 15:57

It's quite hard to explain... I need an effect to _gradually_ gain on intensity. I can do it only with keyframes - create keyframe, move the timeline, adjust fx intensity, move the timeline, adjust intensity.. .etc etc, but when I do it this way the effects gets stronger in a choppy way. I hope you know what I mean, can any1 help me pls?

CAKEbuilder17/05/2009 18:13

So you're saying that when you have one keyframe toward the left (of low intensity) and one keyframe toward the right (of high intensity) the effect that is produced is choppy? I'm not sure why that would happen, but I'm also not sure that I understand your problem correctly.

Dragon17/05/2009 19:35

Let's say I've got a keyframe @ frame 100. The effect's intensity is 0,1 . @ frame 500, I've got another keyframe, where the intensity is 0,5. What I want is the effect to gain on strength between frames 100 - 500. But what I see is - from frame 100 up to frame 499 the intensity is 0,1 , and on frame 500 it "jumps" to 0,5 so when I render it looks choppy. understand?

zhady Tournament #217/05/2009 19:43

Which effect are you using?

st0ka17/05/2009 20:12

I'm not really familiar with Vegas but what you should look for is a "speed/time curve". Most editing programs and even 3d applications support this but I'm not sure about Vegas. If you can't solve it, you can always try to script it but it's a waste of time imo.

Dragon17/05/2009 21:46

I'm using gradient map - sunset...

zhady Tournament #218/05/2009 06:06

Well, I tried it out now with only 2 keyframes, and this is what happened: http://www.kz-scandinavia.eu/zhady/sunset.rar

Dragon18/05/2009 11:54

I tried it out too and it works. thx zhady :)

prof. chosen18/05/2009 16:28

strg+a to mark all keyframes, rightclick on one to select the "type of evulation" or whatever its called. type of how it switches, way how they transist etc

CAKEbuilder18/05/2009 20:50

Did you have more than two keyframes? I understand the question know (also recognizing that you've solved the problem), but for future reference there should only be two keyframes used to create a gradual effect. That is, two keyframes far apart to gradually increase an effect.

Dragon18/05/2009 21:32

yes I had like 20 keyframes there.. and thx chosen now I see that there are several possibilities of how the effect gets stronger

prof. chosen19/05/2009 00:00

Originally posted by CAKEbuilder
Did you have more than two keyframes? I understand the question know (also recognizing that you've solved the problem), but for future reference there should only be two keyframes used to create a gradual effect. That is, two keyframes far apart to gradually increase an effect.

"there should only be 2" ? what the hack.

use as much as you want, people.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.