problem with NULL texture

Started by citizenx
28/05/2009 09:53
Page 1 of 1
citizenx28/05/2009 09:53

I use NULL texture on faces who players can't see ingame (faces on boxes, faces on rooms, even other side of sky texture)
I want to decrease number of patches, because am close to 65 000...
I don't know how but in game I CAN SEE NULL texture (repetative black-blue N), and VIS count that in patches...Does anybody have a solution for this?
I don't know how this is possible, it is supposed to be invisible...

remake28/05/2009 09:55(edited 28/05/2009 09:56)

maybe thats not name "NULL"? Or you have disabled some settings? As far as I know there's a flag "Use null texturing" or smth in patch compiler, im not sure.

citizenx28/05/2009 10:19

I think there is only 1 NULL texture...

Blake` mapper28/05/2009 12:14

download the halflife.wad and extract the NULL texture whit wally

citizenx28/05/2009 12:32

halflife.wad doesn't have NULL texture

Blake` mapper28/05/2009 13:59

http://rapidshare.com/files/238133636/essential.zip

special texture and NULL red texture

citizenx28/05/2009 14:17

10x Blake, but am suspicious about this...Aren't these 2 NULL textures same?

Blake` mapper28/05/2009 14:27

color does not change only the name of the texture is important

citizenx29/05/2009 08:53

there is texture called "invisible", when I add it and compile map, I stil can see textures ingame :S

xPaw mapper29/05/2009 11:31

Probably you are not using ZHLT Compilers, Download latest version and try to compiler with Batch Compiler (using zhlt compiling tools)

dEMolite mapper29/05/2009 14:14

{invisible != a compile texture (null,clip,skip,hint)

like xPaw said using ZHLT compilers should fix your problem because Q-Tools doesn't support them.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.