Mapcycle and Server Configuration

Started by DarkEmpire
28/06/2006 12:51
Page 1 of 1
DarkEmpire28/06/2006 12:51

Hello,

I'm from counterstrike.de and we want to make a new mapcycle and a new configuration on our kz server.
I want to know, which maps you would advise to us.
The first thing is:
The maps need to be popular.
Then there should be a good mix of easy maps and some harder maps.
What other kind of maps would you advise? bhop maps?

What kind of a serverconfiguration can we take?

Thank you, if you can help us.
You can also mail me at: [email protected]

Greetings,
dark

faker mapper28/06/2006 13:37

Hi dark,

What kind of a serverconfiguration can we take?

DarkEmpire


Are you talking about Plugins (which make it possible to use Checkpoints or to get a Top15 list, too) or only about a nice mapcycle and a nice server.cfg?

Well, if you only want to have a nice mapcycle with such maps u meantioned, we can create one in 1 or 2 days.

If you want our Server Plugin (Checkpoints, Top15 gets disabled when you use them, Noblock and 50% Transperancy only gets activated if players are standing at the same spot [u can use Teleporters or doors in a normal way] and stuff like that) I talk to NoEx about that... :)

so far...

DarkEmpire28/06/2006 14:09

The most important is a nice Mapcycle and some maps which you can vote but who do not have to be in the cycle.

At the moment you can see our plugins here: 195.4.17.15:27015
I hope, you do not count it as a commercial.

But the other functions you have on your servers would be nice to mention. But I can not say whether the main admins are gonna take them.
A kind of 50 % Transperancy Plugin we also have on our Surfing server.
But talk to your server admin and give me some advices.

As i said: The most important is the new mapcycle. ;)

Greetings,

dark

OddYsseus30/06/2006 03:32

First Contact @ 108995377

FikoN30/06/2006 04:04

I just want to point something out. If you want to create a good map cycle, think of other factors than popularity as well. For example the FPS, if a map has bad fps, even only for 20% of the players, skip it. High FPS maps FTW. And don't have too many bhop maps added into the cycle. When the server changes level and there are like 10 players on the server, they will be fighting for like 20 minutes about who will go first. Because when one player touches the jump, it goes down and they all have to wait.

DarkEmpire04/07/2006 11:46

I just want to point something out. If you want to create a good map cycle, think of other factors than popularity as well. For example the FPS, if a map has bad fps, even only for 20% of the players, skip it. High FPS maps FTW. And don't have too many bhop maps added into the cycle. When the server changes level and there are like 10 players on the server, they will be fighting for like 20 minutes about who will go first. Because when one player touches the jump, it goes down and they all have to wait.

FikoN


That's why I'm asking you. ;)
I don't know the maps so good.

I wanted to ask, how far you are?

Greets,
dark

benjabi12/02/2009 07:51(edited 12/02/2009 08:05)

Oh, faker. I want them :P

benjabi12/02/2009 08:07(edited 13/02/2009 07:32)

[blockquote]faker:

If you want our Server Plugin (Checkpoints, Top15 gets disabled when you use them, Noblock and 50% Transperancy only gets activated if players are standing at the same spot -you can use Teleporters or doors in a normal way * and stuff like that) I talk to NoEx about that... :)

so far...
[/blockquote]


+1

I would like to have those plugins, no top15 place if u use Checkpoints. I want everything u got on the XJ kz public server. Checkpoint = no top15, noblock, push start = resets checkpoints + timer, and even more important. I would love to have all your saved locations for Start/stop button.

If it's OK for NoEx/you, could one of u send me a message @ IRC? #9H (Quakenet.org)

Thanks

/benjabi^_x

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.