MAX_MAP_MIPTEX

Started by citizenx
10/06/2009 07:46
Page 1 of 1
citizenx10/06/2009 07:46

I have added about 30 textures from several wad files in 1 wad file.
When I started compile proces, MAX_MAP_MIPTEX error shows up...I read about it on internet, and there is tip to use "-texdata" on the command-line for HLCSG. I use zoner tools.
Question 1:
Where exzactlyI have to type that? please some bigger explanation
Question 2:
Does everybody can play my map when I publish it? (because of increasing textures memory)

Timmycakes mapper10/06/2009 08:38

use another compiling program (i like ZHLT Compile GUI X2), these allow u to make texture memory and number of WAD files whatever u want (for example im using 16 MB is tex mem instead of 4 and i have more than 8 wad files at a time).

Answer 1: i have no idea where :X
Answer 2: i think anyone could still play

citizenx10/06/2009 09:05

Thanks Timmycakes, I'll try ZHLT Compile GUI X2 on my next project because I don't want experiment with ZHLT now when am on finish line, after 50+ hours working on it...:)
but now I interested about how to use "-texdata" :)

Ever1x10/06/2009 10:53(edited 10/06/2009 10:55)

Sorry for post!
Delete!

dEMolite mapper10/06/2009 15:01

suggestion to using the Super Half-Life Compiler Tools which haves the texture limit up to 32mb as a standard.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.