Exceeding MAX_PATCHES

Started by Pieshels mapper
04/07/2009 17:18
Page 1 of 1
Pieshels mapper04/07/2009 17:18

#mappers didn't help much...
There is a way to exceed MAX_PATCHES (~65k)... But how?
As far as I know, it is either batch or some kind of command line...
And as I'm not familiar with batch, can someone tell/remember that command line? (Someone said that there is one, but he can't remember)...

NB!
Making smaller map or using less details is not an option nor an answer.

sn00p -_-04/07/2009 17:29(edited 04/07/2009 17:29)

try as command line -sparse , it takes a little more cpu usage but that's is , worked for me @ the last map

edit : btw what compiler do u use ?

owned04/07/2009 17:29(edited 04/07/2009 17:31)

You have to use -chop (larger than 64) for the hlrad line.
You also could scale up some textures that have a large face.

edit: -sparse should do the trick as well

Pieshels mapper04/07/2009 17:54(edited 04/07/2009 17:56)

I use f9, f9 FTW xD

Chop causes bad shadows, bugs, etc.
Texture stretching doesn't do the trick as your map then will have worse quality and that only remove ~10-25% patches... which is not effective...

Gonna try -sparse...
What does it do? f.e. If my map has 100k patches, will it still compile and run w/o errors? :P
I currently have ~60k patches and my map is ~60% done... so, this will be a problem...

DaMp mapper04/07/2009 19:36

first try the super halflife compiler tools then change the chop to like -128 or sth.

sn00p -_-05/07/2009 14:52

try with HL compiler Pieshels , much better and pretty advanced , could help u alot @ pb like this , so any update , works ?

Pieshels mapper06/07/2009 15:15

Ok, thanks, -sparse worked... for now ;)

citizenx22/07/2009 14:33

Have U tried to NULL textures that can't be seen ingame?
That can reduce number of patches alot

Ever1x22/07/2009 15:49

Originally posted by citizenx
Have U tried to NULL textures that can't be seen ingame?


You know, Its silly question for a good mapper :)
Have u seen wonderer? Do u think he didn't use null?
I think every mapper uses null texture all the time ( in Map Test version and final ).

citizenx23/07/2009 07:26

how I suppose to know is he good mapper or not?
I was just trying to help

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.