[Q3] Kaleidoscope

Started by kraster
23/08/2009 23:32
Page 2 of 2
deus?24/08/2009 23:07(edited 24/08/2009 23:17)

Originally posted by Str4fe
Don't know anything about Q3, but really looks nice. But when I see the movie I want to ask if this really possible playing real Q3? Because it looks like bigger gravity or like in kz no hp lose (no death after falling) ? Or you die, he just have good timing or something ?

There are two physics vq3 and cpm. Before quake live project all trickers were preffering cpm as it allows strafing, overbouncing. There were different tournaments as for vq3 and cpma. In this movie he was overbouncing almost in every episode, so it was cpm. Ofc he has godmode enabled but u still can do tricks in regular q3. Quake live is using vq3 physics. That means u cant overbouncing there or strafing but bunnyhopping, triple rocketjump combos are possible ofcourse. In normal match u cant pull those incredible combos ofc, as they requires alot of training and hp. But single rocket jumps, plasmaclimbs, granade jumps and awesome bhopping are extremely useful in regular matches. As they gives you huge advantage against your opponents if they arent good at those. Single rocketjumping isnt a rocket science but plasmaclimbs and bhopping are hard to master. ;) welcome to q3 lol.

Knives24/08/2009 23:43

Never played q3 , but i think he need a awesome timing and aim for doing this rocket tricks , just awesome.

V0ncH...25/08/2009 13:36(edited 25/08/2009 13:42)

i don't understand q3 or any of its mods etc. + i can't comment on the edit because i dunno if it's original 'mirv' effects or default stuff, but from my pov, it looks well edited.
imo q3 is too 'alien' like and robot.
I like games like cs and realistic stuff (even if cs has bugs like lj + strafing etc.)

I played q3 for 3-4 years and had a nice skill. I even won some times pro's on duel matches. Its much harder in physical ways than cs. But if I chose duel CS and Q3, I would chose Q3. Important to hear to sound all the time, to develop your strategy, and you also have to count a time.

I also played defrag, I only can say thats uber hard. The physical is clumsy :S

Sorry for my bad english :D

BBBsonny02/07/2010 12:39(edited 02/07/2010 12:44)

Nice movie, BuDDha is a legend under the defrag players.
You guys should check out "autumm nights" from negoxe who is in my eyes the best moviemaker ever.
Shaolin Prod are always awesome but negoxe is a level better.

Here is a taste of his skills:
http://vault.alienwarearena.com/video/autumn-nights

Starring Buddha btw too :)

NHZ.02/07/2010 15:04

omg really nice skill.

pLaguE^02/07/2010 19:40

nice bump

dexxies03/07/2010 00:04

A M A Z I N G

nerv.03/07/2010 01:35

wrong forum but great movie . gj

cetoNx03/07/2010 02:35

Like im watching Dragon Ball Zed :D haehahe very nice GJ!

8ball1 mapper moviemaker VIP03/07/2010 22:33(edited 03/07/2010 22:54)

good :)

Btw as some guys there said, it's timescaled.
So the tricks are just the best but cheated.

Page 2 of 2

Please log in to post replies.