Magic Bullet problem : green pixel l0l

Started by maximaLz
31/08/2009 13:52
Page 1 of 1
maximaLz31/08/2009 13:52

hi everyone. I've already spoken with FoF, and the problems comes from Magic Bullet, so don't try to say it comes from mirv or another shit please ;D.
I work under vegas only.

So, when I use magic bullet on a track, one or two green pixels comes right in the middle of the track. And the problem is, on screen it appears really bright.. My second problem is that it does this since like 2 movies I do, and if i'm right, it is since I got new blue plugins. Already tried to unistall.. but.. :\

My third problem is that this pixel is affected by effect like blur and etc, so when I do some blur, it appears really very very very bright :\..

I already tried to unistall it but it doesn't matter, so if someone already encountred this problem and have a solution (fof gave me some, but it would be very annoying to hide these pixel by creatings masks on every track..) please :)

Here is a screenshot :

http://www.picdo.net/fichiers/2009/8/31/e31fc25c-f89b-406e-8572-8cfd8b8629f9_GREEN.png

(of course it's zoomed)

Thanks in advance, and hope it exists a solution :\

boom.dll31/08/2009 13:57

when uninstalling, run a registry cleaner, to get rid of the registry keys that save your settings for the program you uninstall ... without doing that, every time you uninstall/install smth it will have your settings already saved.

try that, and tell me if it helps.
tbh i never had this error, probably because i`m trying to replicate some of the effects that magic bullet has with the default effects from sony vegas :)

maximaLz31/08/2009 14:13

hm now that you say it, that's ture that I always had my saved settings.. but which registry cleaner to use ? I don't know anything 'bout it :\.. And which keys, cuz I think there are many :x

Lazze31/08/2009 14:27

I dont think its a registry problem. You should try reinstalling vegas and magic bullet. Lets hear what boom says :P

maximaLz31/08/2009 15:00

Originally posted by lgb
I dont think its a registry problem. You should try reinstalling vegas and magic bullet. Lets hear what boom says :P


I already did that, and it doesn't affect it :/ Imo boom is right, because my settings are always saved, what I need is reset it to 0. But i dunno how to use registry cleaners :D.

Avatar31/08/2009 19:06

if its just in one scene, do a blur or unsharpen effect to hide it :D
maybe play with depthdump abit

maximaLz31/08/2009 20:00(edited 31/08/2009 20:04)

Originally posted by Avatar sw.kz
if its just in one scene, do a blur or unsharpen effect to hide it :D
maybe play with depthdump abit


I'm used to use magic bullet for every track I do, even for any minor colour retouchement :\.. i can try what you said, thx


Hm the unsharp thingy makes it appearing bigger or clearer, so :\ It's really my registry thingy I think, waiting for boom or someone else for explaining me. :\

Lazze01/09/2009 09:57

Originally posted by maximaLz
Originally posted by Avatar sw.kz
if its just in one scene, do a blur or unsharpen effect to hide it :D
maybe play with depthdump abit


I'm used to use magic bullet for every track I do, even for any minor colour retouchement :\.. i can try what you said, thx


Hm the unsharp thingy makes it appearing bigger or clearer, so :\ It's really my registry thingy I think, waiting for boom or someone else for explaining me. :\


There is a really good software called CCleaner. Dont know if it can fix it but its worth a try. Uninstall vegas and magic bullet and run CCleaner. Go to registry and press "Scan for issues". When thats finished press "Fix selected issues".

CCleaner download link: Here

boom.dll01/09/2009 11:18

lgb has spoken! i dont have inet at home atm... thats why i`m answering so slow... sorry :D

do what lgb said and it should be OK :P

waiting for your answer :D



PS: good job lgb! :D

maximaLz01/09/2009 11:45(edited 01/09/2009 12:56)

Thanks, i'll get my pizzas then try this (l0l)

I already known about CCleaner but wasn't sure how to use it properly :\


EDIT: w00t my registry was full of shit.. reinstalling SV and magic bullet :\ Hope it works ! :)

LOL have the "initializing audio engine thingy" bug. reinstalling sony vegas \o/ I seriously begin to think that I'll stop this shit after having finished my projects.

Final EDIT : My settings from magic bullet weren't removed. I still have my olds customs and still have these 2 fucking pixels.. :\.

Lazze01/09/2009 13:56

Originally posted by maximaLz
Thanks, i'll get my pizzas then try this (l0l)

I already known about CCleaner but wasn't sure how to use it properly :\


EDIT: w00t my registry was full of shit.. reinstalling SV and magic bullet :\ Hope it works ! :)

LOL have the "initializing audio engine thingy" bug. reinstalling sony vegas \o/ I seriously begin to think that I'll stop this shit after having finished my projects.

Final EDIT : My settings from magic bullet weren't removed. I still have my olds customs and still have these 2 fucking pixels.. :\.


Hmm then try this software: Here

Open it and select magic bullet looks and click "Uninstall" at the top. Do the same with vegas. That should remove all traces of it. Then install it again :). Not shure if it really works but its woth a try.

maximaLz01/09/2009 14:14

Originally posted by lgb
Originally posted by maximaLz
Thanks, i'll get my pizzas then try this (l0l)

I already known about CCleaner but wasn't sure how to use it properly :\


EDIT: w00t my registry was full of shit.. reinstalling SV and magic bullet :\ Hope it works ! :)

LOL have the "initializing audio engine thingy" bug. reinstalling sony vegas \o/ I seriously begin to think that I'll stop this shit after having finished my projects.

Final EDIT : My settings from magic bullet weren't removed. I still have my olds customs and still have these 2 fucking pixels.. :\.


Hmm then try this software: Here

Open it and select magic bullet looks and click "Uninstall" at the top. Do the same with vegas. That should remove all traces of it. Then install it again :). Not shure if it really works but its woth a try.


Trying it, looks awesome

boom.dll01/09/2009 14:20

the thing is that a registry cleaner, like CCleaner is a really usefull thing for your computer... most people dont know that every time you install/uninstall something, that program leaves its mark on your computer... after a while the registry gets filled with useless crap, and if you dont clean that crap up, then your computer starts moving slower and slower, starts giving errors, etc...

try and take care of your computer :P

about your problem mxml. , i dont know tbh... for me it work 99% of the time. i reinstall my program, run CCleaner, clean the registry of unused keys, restart my computer, then maybe i`ll run CCleaner again to see if anything was left behind, and then i`m good to go.

chrizZo had this problem with Sony Vegas too... usually the "easiest way" is reinstalling your windows, but some people hate to do that since they dont have multiple partitions on their computers, or dont know what reinstalling an OS means...

you could also try TuneUP Utilities. I`m sure you can find some version on the internet ;)
TuneUP 1-Click Maintenance is really good, besides checking for problems, it checks for obsolete files, extensions, software, and if your hard drive has fragmented itself (fragmentation happens when you copy/paste, move, delete, have lots of files on your HDD then remove them, etc... all of these leave traces on your HDD, and therefore, even after you`ve deleted your files [think of the .bmp`s you make when you record your clips... those usually take up huge space, but even after you delete them, if you search for smth, or browse your computer, it still searches between those files too...] they still have like a "digital signature" on your HDD.) and fixes those problems.

holy crap long post :D hope you fix your problem!

maximaLz01/09/2009 15:31(edited 01/09/2009 15:49)

Hey.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help me, and surely did (by fixing some problems on my computer :])

But now it's over, i'm too tired of trying to fix every fucking single problem.

Thanks tho to every people who helped me improving in movie making, but I feel like it's time to quit the scene for me, i didn't go through my objectives, stopped by what a stupid mistake, i could continue making movies, but these 2 fucking pixels are making me fucking tired, too tired to continue to fix problems every 2 days.

Goodbye and hope movie makers will continue to do some nice things.

Thanks level2, 8ball1, hatari, and just a big LOL about quitting the scene for 2 green pixels.


steamfriend: vincecam

Lazze01/09/2009 16:50(edited 01/09/2009 16:52)

Originally posted by maximaLz
Hey.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help me, and surely did (by fixing some problems on my computer :])

But now it's over, i'm too tired of trying to fix every fucking single problem.

Thanks tho to every people who helped me improving in movie making, but I feel like it's time to quit the scene for me, i didn't go through my objectives, stopped by what a stupid mistake, i could continue making movies, but these 2 fucking pixels are making me fucking tired, too tired to continue to fix problems every 2 days.

Goodbye and hope movie makers will continue to do some nice things.

Thanks level2, 8ball1, hatari, and just a big LOL about quitting the scene for 2 green pixels.


steamfriend: vincecam


Sad :(. GL in the future ;)

level2 01/09/2009 22:05

Hey maximaLz , dont rush :( Think of it as a new oppurtunity - try learning After Effects. Its way more powerfull that Vegas you can really do a lot of things there which Vegas cant. You can even say that moviemakers liek me(who dont use AE) have "limited potential" coz in some point there'll surely be an idea or effect which i cant realise using only Sony Vegas :)
Really just try AE - its not as easy as Sony Vegas , but its also not very hard.

PS : btw maybe some probs with videocard ?

st0ka01/09/2009 22:27(edited 01/09/2009 22:51)

I suggest you use "Your Uninstaller!", when install it, install the same version of Vegas and Looks and uninstall them using that program. It was the first program I installed on this PC and it does a wonderful job. I've never had any problems with it.

As level2 mentioned it might be a problem with your video card. Don't know how Vegas does the previews (using openGL, adaptive etc.), but it might be the problem. Not the same case, but some time ago I had a problem with multiprocessing and AE. Sometimes, green lines would appear on the screen while rendering, but when I restarted the program they were gone.

Another thing is that Looks isn't that good. I mean, sure, it gives you some presets you can tweak, but most of the time it gives you "Looks" colors, if you know what I mean. I can easily recognize them and they don't look that good, imo. Even if you take the time to build your own preset, it's still much easier and faster to do it with the built-in tools. You can even animate the effect's properties. I'm talking about AE here, but I doubt Vegas is that bad.

P.S. You shouldn't quit on moviemaking just because of that single problem. You should be more persistent! You can't imagine how many problems I've faced and had to deal with. You can take this opportunity and learn how to use a new software. Vegas isn't the most powerful out there and frankly, it doesn't have the easiest learning curve either. Just my two cents.

Lazze01/09/2009 22:38

Have to agree with st0ka. Looks is not really that good.

maximaLz, how do your preview window in vegas look?. Are the green pixels showing there?. If not you should maybe try another codec or try rendering as uncomressed and see if they are there. Could be something like that as st0ka said.

prof. chosen01/09/2009 23:32

trial of that plugin or registered?

maximaLz02/09/2009 13:46

cra**ed cho. ofc.


btw why not but well, i have to admit that I took profit of the situation to start something new, atm I won't do movie making anymore, not now.. I don't have time :\ but well maybe one day I'll take it again! .. Thanks for your advises st0ka, i'll try this maybe this week end :].

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.