Problem with visiblity of entities / models

Started by perd0 mapper
26/09/2009 15:21
Page 1 of 1
perd0 mapper26/09/2009 15:21

Hey girls.

I have problem with my map and i have absolutely no idea how to fix it.
Don't know how to describe it .. simply when i go up on the platform, entities and models are no longer visible. (on the wall you can see)

I made screenshots for you:

Down on the ground -> http://i38.tinypic.com/whktav.jpg
Up on the platform -> http://i38.tinypic.com/15efdvm.jpg

Here is short movie showing my problem (about 20Mb) -> http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=ZW9CVWRwMGt6NEt4dnc9PQ

Thank you.

hm^ mapper VIP26/09/2009 15:29

I am not sure.

Did you check in hammer under Map/Mapproperties
Max viewable distance

perd0 mapper26/09/2009 16:00(edited 26/09/2009 16:00)

Originally posted by hm^
I am not sure.

Did you check in hammer under Map/Mapproperties
Max viewable distance

I don't think it's question of viewable distance .. :) I played it with default distance and with larger distance too, but there is still this problem ..

opa26/09/2009 16:12

maybe you went into some solid model while noclipping? happens to me if i do so, try to play map noclip

h1m1 mapper26/09/2009 17:45(edited 26/09/2009 17:45)

What's on the platform? Is there something at all?

perd0 mapper26/09/2009 17:55(edited 26/09/2009 17:56)

Yes, there is one model .. statue of horse

remake26/09/2009 18:30

Try to remove the model then.

opa26/09/2009 19:09

i was right.

eiRa mapper26/09/2009 19:44

did u select all those platforms and made them into single entity? if so try ungrouping them and re grouping only 3 or 4 brushes at a time

perd0 mapper26/09/2009 22:35

Originally posted by eiRa
did u select all those platforms and made them into single entity? if so try ungrouping them and re grouping only 3 or 4 brushes at a time

Yes i did :]

K guys, thanks for help, i will try to do what you said ..

zengal mapper27/09/2009 00:29

it's something having too many models shown at once (alias func_walls). vis leaves causes it. cannot explaint why. move all objects to the world which disappears and you should be fine

xPaw mapper27/09/2009 09:27

Uhm probably engine thinks what youre in model and you dont see those ents, so engine doesnt draws them

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.