Steam cannot open! ("Failed to load over

Started by kafds
01/10/2009 01:29
Page 1 of 1
kafds01/10/2009 01:29

I am in urgent need of help! I cannot open steam and therefore can't play Counter-Strike or any of the games I have. I hope that I can find some help from here.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7339/steamerror.jpg - picture of the error-message

PLEASE help me if you know how to solve this situation. I noticed, that some weird files had magically disappeared from my Steam-folder and I don't know what really happened - if theres some file I am missing PLEASE upload all the files you have there.

Dacca01/10/2009 01:36

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935175&highlight=Failed+load+overlay+localization+file

kafds01/10/2009 01:55

Big thanks to you, Dacca! Working as intended now. If someone has the same problem heres the solution copypasted from Dacca's link


* Exit Steam
* Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)
* Delete everything in that directory EXCEPT the following:
o steam.exe
o steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)
* Restart Steam to test the issue

A helpful dude in the steam forums

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.