Better/More optimized connection between bloc

Started by Fanas
06/10/2009 06:53
Page 1 of 1
Fanas06/10/2009 06:53(edited 06/10/2009 13:37)

A wondered for a long time, if these differ at optimization:

1. First method

The surface area is 56 on the upper block and 52 (+null) on the lower.




2. Second method

The surface area is 40 on the upper and lower blocks (+null) but vertex tool is used.





So which of these is better? And why? Does ir reduce map size and increase optimization?

dEMolite mapper06/10/2009 07:07

some says 2 would be good for opt but some are saying no difference.

so i would suggest its the ceators thing if he is using second or first methode.

puppetz mapper06/10/2009 09:38

Well, looking at them from a 2D-view, you can count 7 visible faces on the sides at the first picture, and 6 on the second. I believe the second one will give the map better fps, but you will have a "wallbug" on the cut between the two brushes.

Fanas06/10/2009 13:35

I thought of wb too :/, but I use the second method for wall connection, decals and such stuff.

opa06/10/2009 17:37

I use a modification of 1st method, dunno if it's good or bad, but there is a chance of leak when you use it http://failai.in/P/1254841824_goodorbaddunnoplzdonthurtme.JPG

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.