Newb moviemaking problem...

10/10/2009 00:01
Page 1 of 1
ndR moviemaker Tournament #210/10/2009 00:01

Hello there,
I'm getting some troubles with my clips...
I already asked several people and I'm getting several different answers lol...

So here my problem starts:
- I took out my clips with HLAE @ 180fps
- I open my .bmp files with Virtualdub, I set the fps to 180 and save them in .avi with huffyuv codec as shown in BAEVERN's video tutorial

Then, after I got all my .avi files, I boot up Vegas but it doesn't want to read the .avi files...

Rendering .bmp in uncompressed .avi takes ages...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance :D

juhuu10/10/2009 00:05

Dont Compress it in virtual dub. just leave it uncompressed. and maybe try whit another fps? maybe try re-download virtual dub? if this dont work i dont know sorry :/

Lazze10/10/2009 00:43

It sounds like vegas is having trouble reading the codec.

You should try downloading the latest huffyuv codec from here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=379&s=51

When downloaded extract the files and right-click on the huffyuv.inf file and select "Install". This should fix your problem.

Funksta 10/10/2009 01:03

Try with uncompressed @ virtual dub, tho it takes more space (& time?). But I think it works :)

ndR moviemaker Tournament #210/10/2009 01:48

I just found what was the matter...
Huffyuv was not properly installed on my computer, because of my 64bits Windows version!

I had to type some cmd lines to make it installed in the 64bits system :D

boom.dll10/10/2009 09:29

huffyuv is a lossless codec... that means that using huffyuv you render UNCOMPRESSED.... thats the point... its exactly like lagarith (another lossless codec)... your output file is uncompressed (you dont lose quality but you save filesize)

64 bit ftw ndR :D

rK10/10/2009 13:47

Originally posted by ndR
Rendering .bmp in uncompressed .avi takes ages...

get used to it

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.