clintmo_longjumper[e], [h] sc improvement

Started by imu^^
13/10/2009 18:26
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
imu^^13/10/2009 18:26

We all know that 256CJ sc is forbidden on clintmo_longjumper since that way you skip entire route. However, that sc can still be used by doing it this way: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?183461

I think that this way is legal since you choose your route by actually jumping at least one LJ on it (although, one can argue that jumping over 256 sc you did choose your route, but it is largely irrelevant).

Further along, I propose that this SC should be allowed at least on [e] route for skipping KZ minimap. If similar sc can be performed on many other maps (stoneblock(_h), man_deathhill, xtremeblock, risk_compund) than by jumping all LJ's you must be able to skip minimap because route is over.

There is no logical reason to deny skipping that part of map since many maps have large pieces of them skipped by some sc.

Final argument: (from news)
[blockquote]Even though all sort of shortcuts are allowed, that "sc" can't be considered as talking the hard route because you do not touch even one stone of the hard route by doing that shortcut. Therfore it was and will be not legit for the record section.[/blockquote]
Bold by me. Should exact path be forced for some maps?

Pqst`13/10/2009 18:36

sc is allowed but only on jongjump

opa13/10/2009 22:09

Originally posted by PQST!!!
sc is allowed but only on jongjump

:D

Acelamb13/10/2009 22:16

I do not believe this SC should be allowed due to it's senseless nature. If one very simple 256 CJ should give you a worldrecord then be my guest, but I really can't see how you deserve that.

However, I do understand your logic, as even though I do not wish for this SC to be unblocked, I believe that risk_compound should have atleast [+sc] and [-sc] because this shortcut simply ruins the map and all it's fun.

I know this discussion has been gone through countless times, so i do not wish to push that last part too harshly ^^

DiDo-Grecord holder13/10/2009 22:29

Originally posted by PQST!!!
sc is allowed but only on jongjump

omg I need guide for this secret technique its so famous !

wRath` mapper13/10/2009 23:17

then you could just as well remove e and h, and just keep the medium way, because it's the fastest one...

c0ld^13/10/2009 23:50

Originally posted by juleeeh
I do not believe this SC should be allowed due to it's senseless nature. If one very simple 256 CJ should give you a worldrecord then be my guest, but I really can't see how you deserve that.

However, I do understand your logic, as even though I do not wish for this SC to be unblocked, I believe that risk_compound should have atleast [+sc] and [-sc] because this shortcut simply ruins the map and all it's fun.

I know this discussion has been gone through countless times, so i do not wish to push that last part too harshly ^^



risk_compound have alot of other scs. i can do it in 36 sek without the huge sc.

puppetz mapper14/10/2009 14:36

It is absolutely pointless to have these shortcuts in the map when there's 3 routes, and NEITHER of them are used when you take that sc. Therefore, it doesn't make any sense to have a sc on the [e] or [h] route. When those scs were allowed, they might have just switched them around, 'cause they have nothing to do with the real map.

IF this map had only one route, I also think it should be allowed to do the 256 cj scs (even though they're lame), but since it has multiple routes that you don't even touch when you take any of the two scs, it doesn't make any sense.
This is probably why the sc on risk_compound is allowed. There is only one route, and there's (luckily) no rules about what objects you can use as shortcuts. But when you have a map with multiple routes, you MUST take one of the routes, but if you do a sc and don't even touch any of them, who's to say on what route you did the sc?

Besides, it is beyond me why the hell anyone would want such a completely ridiculous sc to be allowed.

imu^^14/10/2009 15:29

Originally posted by puppetz
But when you have a map with multiple routes, you MUST take one of the routes, but if you do a sc and don't even touch any of them, who's to say on what route you did the sc?

Besides, it is beyond me why the hell anyone would want such a completely ridiculous sc to be allowed.

If you read my post then you would understand that you in fact do choose route by jumping at least one LJ. And you didn't comment my second argument that you must be able to skip KZ minimap if you require all LJ's to be performed.

puppetz mapper14/10/2009 17:49

Why on earth would anyone jump the first lj and purposely fall on it, to do a sc that skips the whole thing? Don't take faker's words so literally.

I don't know what you're talking about with the "minimap", but I don't see what difference it makes that there's a "minimap" at the end of one of the routes.

faker mapper14/12/2009 14:28(edited 14/12/2009 14:29)

I mean, I understand that map is made with three different routes and by jumping over them you didn't actually choose any route.

imu^^


Exactly that's the point.

It is NOT an exception against the sc's, it's clearing the confusion about whether the SC applie as "doing" the easy or the hard route - or not. We decided that it can NOT be considered as doing any route at all.

Running back won't change it, tho. You can't start in kz_3ways[xtreme] and just go in, teleport back and then take the easy route either!

Page 1 of 1