What do you think of dev textures?

Started by koukouz mapperrecord holder
26/10/2009 20:16
Page 1 of 1
koukouz mapperrecord holder26/10/2009 20:16

Hi,

when I check the denied maps, I often see demolite or puppetz say : "get rid of these dev textures" etc...
Imo, dev textures are really good looking and make the climb cosy and I think that much people think the same. So I'd like to know the general public opinion of you climbers.

So my question is : do you like dev textures, yes or no?

I think that mapcheck team should take into account the opinion of XJ members.

MepH26/10/2009 20:36

ye, i personally like theses textures , i really enjoyed them when i played hns on c21_ maps and they should be cool in a kz map !!!!

Punk^26/10/2009 20:48(edited 26/10/2009 20:48)

I like them :) But I would be bored if all maps were dev textures only. It's a nice change :)

VineWood26/10/2009 20:49

What is dev textures? :(

Punk^26/10/2009 20:50

http://www.mechanicalcat.net/creative/css/de_lab/dev_mockup.jpg
Those textures VineWood.

opa26/10/2009 21:08

i like those without digits

Licoti mapper26/10/2009 21:26

Hi
The dev textures in my opinion are made especially for aim_ maps exactly like the aim map of CSS, however the dev texture lose much of their quality in CS 1.6 and especially because the CS1.6 lighting is not quite "powerful".
We needed only 5 seconds to texturing a map with dev textures it's just good when you have no idea about the textures to implement yet.
if all the maps looked like this (especially the KZ map)
1. All maps are ugly,
2. there would be no atmosphere in the map, they will all be like the others
Bye

dEMolite mapper27/10/2009 00:01

DEV Textures are like the name is already stating out. For developing purpose only and they have nothing in common to be placed as a texture in a map.

puppetz mapper27/10/2009 07:53

Originally posted by dEMolite
DEV Textures are like the name is already stating out. For developing purpose only and they have nothing in common to be placed as a texture in a map.


'Nuff said.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.