Problem!!! Need help!!!

Started by 1CoopeR
07/11/2009 21:00
Page 1 of 1
1CoopeR07/11/2009 21:00

Hi all!!!
I had a problem... When I am connected to different servers, it does not connect, and writes "Could not connect to server". When I am create "New game", regardless of map, game is closed :(...
Please help me, and I'm sorry for my English :).

Punk^07/11/2009 21:45(edited 07/11/2009 21:47)

First of all - when it says, could not connect to servers, are you connected to the internet?
Secondly, have you tried reinstalling CS?

And can you post a screenshot of your console if it writes an error there aswell?

Punk^07/11/2009 21:46(edited 07/11/2009 21:46)

Originally posted by Punk^
First of all - when it says, could not connect to servers, are you connected to the internet?
Secondly, have you tried reinstalling CS?

And can you post a screenshot of your console if it writes an error there aswell?


EDIT: Crap, wanted to edit not quote, lol -.-
sorry for double post.

1CoopeR08/11/2009 07:58

Originally posted by Punk^
First of all - when it says, could not connect to servers, are you connected to the internet?
Secondly, have you tried reinstalling CS?

And can you post a screenshot of your console if it writes an error there aswell?

1. No, it says, could not connect to servers, when I'm connect to any of servers (LAN, Internet, etc.).
2. Yes, I have!!!


Oh, I reinstalled another version of CS 1.6, and it helped!!!
Thx you for attention :)

juanzEEt08/11/2009 12:54(edited 08/11/2009 12:56)

sv_lan 0 ?

insert that command in the console and see if this "0"

Punk^08/11/2009 13:54

No problem.
And yes, forgot sv_lan, lol.

1CoopeR08/11/2009 16:17(edited 08/11/2009 16:28)

A new problem :(
In the servers where a lot off people, fps fall down from 100 to 10-15!!! :(

WownuK;08/11/2009 17:09

WOW! that's a big problem i think xD 10 - 15 fps is horrible as death xD

juanzEEt08/11/2009 18:54

/buypc

kafds09/11/2009 05:45

1CoopeR, one simple thing might be causing problems. A firewall. Your firewall might block the servers and make you unable to connect etc, but if you turn it off when you play Counter-Strike, these problems shouldn't occur.

I remember when I had Kerio Firewall (or was it something else, can't remember, might've been totally something else) I couldn't join any servers, but then again could create a game. People couldn't join it, though.

I don't know how your fps can drop that low, but you should try downloading configs that help your fps get/stay higher. Also downloading ball-/blockhead-models will help your fps rise up.

Turn your ingame video settings low by going to console -> Options -> Video. Don't change your renderer to anything else from OpenGL, if it is not OpenGL switch it to that immediately! Changing your resolution will not affect your fps (according to my knowledge) but if you wish to change it then do.

I'm fairly sure, that you can find alot more help by browsing the steam forums.

1CoopeR09/11/2009 11:03(edited 09/11/2009 11:11)

Originally posted by Juanzet
/buypc

I agree with you, my pc - old, but all this time it worked normally, and fps never falling down, always was stable 95-99.
2 kafds
For example, when I play on a server, where over 10 persons, fps - 60-99, and where mo then 15 players, fps - 10-50 :(; such was't before :(

kafds09/11/2009 11:17

Maybe there is something wrong in your graphics card? I really am not the right person to help with stuff like this, I don't know anything about settings/computers lolol

Anyways... good luck getting help :|

Punk^11/11/2009 11:00(edited 11/11/2009 11:01)

In case you have a Nvidia card, try turning vertical synchronization off, that should boost your fps.
Maybe that will do the difference?
Not a computer nerd, but just a guess.
Else, what kind of servers do you play on? Is the lag on normal servers, or servers with tons of plugins?

1CoopeR11/11/2009 17:41

Originally posted by Punk^
In case you have a Nvidia card, try turning vertical synchronization off, that should boost your fps.
Maybe that will do the difference?
Not a computer nerd, but just a guess.
Else, what kind of servers do you play on? Is the lag on normal servers, or servers with tons of plugins?

My video-card - ATI Radeon 9550. When I pass to the inset 3D, I change to OpenGL, I save, on leaving all changes to D3D, but vsync off.
I play on the different servers, even playing the LAN server with friends, fps sometimes falls to 20.
P.S. Sorry for my english )

Punk^11/11/2009 23:42

I get what you are saying.
Sounds really weird - I can't guess what is causing it then. I presume you have no torrent programs in the bagground or so?

1CoopeR12/11/2009 08:03

Originally posted by Punk^
I get what you are saying.
Sounds really weird - I can't guess what is causing it then. I presume you have no torrent programs in the bagground or so?

No torrent programs, only Mirc and CS :(

Punk^12/11/2009 11:27

Hm, can't guess what is causing the problem then, sorry mate.
Have you tried opening a topic on steampowered?

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.