uq_militia
Status: Denied
Reasons:
- The major problem that your map has is that it hasn’t new and different things than other maps. We got at a point where a block map like this isn’t coming with something that can enjoy our playing ; you have to ask yourself “why should anybody play my map when all I have on it is something they can play/see in other maps?â€
- To sum it up, your map is very simple. Not much variation when it comes to jumps, same textures, same environment and so on.
- In order for your map to be played nowadays, there is a need for diversity, a diversity which can make the difference between your map and others and a diversity which is capable of coming with a new flavor to make us wanting to jump your map.
Suggestions:
- Don’t send you first map if you didn’t manage to create something new with it. It’s not a crime. Most of the times you can’t make it from the first try. That’s why you have to try/work more.
- Before you start working at a map, think first at a concept, but not at a regular one. Try to create something new for the scene. Try to find new ways of building a map and don’t use old concepts, because the outcome won’t be a good one.
- Develop a real concept/theme and by doing this, you’ll notice that everything will change : jumps, textures, architecture and so on.
Other:
Note: Make a changelog when/if you resubmit so we can easier see what you have changed and make the process go faster.
uq_militia is a first good map from unique-kz team, except uq_knot . It has different bhop combos, which is kinda hard to make all of them perfectly in one run, few scs hidden, and also this map is good planned by KPbIM. I always read and see you are writing something like "map is simple" or "old textures" etc. My opinion consists in next: nowadays it quite hard to find new way of creating map, that's first. In second, enjoyable, cool maps can be still oldschool done, just how it'll effect for player
Better to give an example:
Take the map kz_kzdk_megablock. Good based-architecture, big map with cool textures and nice idea, but still, why people don't play it? I have never seen this map somewhere on pubs, no one don't feel this map like the map they want to play, like it's interesting, or sorry if I mistake, it still can be another map between the official ones.
I bet something maps you denied, you enjoyed more from the maps you accepted. Accepted because it has it's own idea or etc
Well, I see uq_militia like simple too, but if look on it from another side.. it can train people to get more skills in sbj, controlling pre or whatever you can find yourself. We won't change anything in that map, it'll be how it is. But I really hoped this map can be accepted as first map, custom map from the another team, which hasn't got a map here.
P.S. Sorry for my english, I am only learning it and dunno did I explained the main thing I wanted to
Please log in to post replies.