kz_rockyblocky - 70% -

05/09/2006 16:11
Page 4 of 5

i want see good fps in this map =/

-Cast0rrrrr-


It is ;)

theL0w^14/09/2006 17:54

me too :)

ScooteR14/09/2006 18:23

:> nice, bring it on as soon as u can :D

TAnAP

waRi mapper14/09/2006 19:57

seems like its coming to life : ]
Did you de-compile stuff or are you just using same textures to get the felling of the old maps ???

No decompile!

Volsfootball16/09/2006 06:13

omg! I can't wait at all! its going to be awesome Chrizzy!!

NiconeN17/09/2006 14:36

wow dude :o this looks really nice, 20mins climbtime <3

SadPuppy mapper17/09/2006 15:42

To answer some of your questions raised in this thread, Chrizzy has not asked permission from Kreedz regarding a tribute map. And Kreedz won't give him permission either, not because it would be a bad idea but because I already asked Kreedz about this a long time ago and discussed a tribute map down the line.

And I agree on the big maps = big problems.. =P
Especially there's an evil one which locks up the server and all the clients when certain combinations of players join, and acts normally as soon as the player causing the freeze leaves the server again. We have some theories and are trying to track down this 'feature' with HL but it isn't easy.

To answer some of your questions raised in this thread, Chrizzy has not asked permission from Kreedz regarding a tribute map. And Kreedz won't give him permission either, not because it would be a bad idea but because I already asked Kreedz about this a long time ago and discussed a tribute map down the line.

And I agree on the big maps = big problems.. =P
Especially there's an evil one which locks up the server and all the clients when certain combinations of players join, and acts normally as soon as the player causing the freeze leaves the server again. We have some theories and are trying to track down this 'feature' with HL but it isn't easy.

SadPuppy



I have asked him but havent got any answer, well. I can just do some changes to the map and it won't be so much different and still no "copy" of the oldschool maps.

SadPuppy mapper17/09/2006 21:14

Sorry, didn't intend to come out as rude or something. I was in a hurry and just wanted to add the info I had regarding a tribute map since Kreedz and I discussed it long ago. I often have several thoughts at the same time and at times I don't seem very diplomatic and come out as rude (or so people tell me, I don't intend to).

Making a good map for everyone can't be a bad thing, and I personally wouldn't object to such a map. The only thing I know I would be concerned about is the mapname and that it doesn't become an official kz tribute map.

Personally I don't think you should have to change the map, as that would kill the spirit of the map. But,
that would of course be up to Kreedz to decide on.

( I think it could be released as an unofficial map without changes personally, but that is my .02$ )

I meant that since Kreedz told me the other day that he would say no to anyone asking about such a map..and when he didn't mention anything about your request Chrizzy, I concluded you hadn't asked him yet.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. You should generally ignore the way I say things and just read the stuff without interpretation ^^

hehe, ok.. Im still waiting for an answer from Kreedz though :P

I wont stop making the map, but I will do some changes to the map :) It will still be very long and fun ;)

r0fl30/09/2006 01:40

i hate long maps :(

but i love your kzno_xtremeblock map... make some more maps like that :D

Xeltic Tournament #109/10/2006 08:33(edited 21/08/2010 02:51)

looks cool chrizzy ,, i like loong maps :P unless its packed whit gay hard jumps :D gj
[ Edited Mon Oct 09 2006, 08:34AM ]

elITe^17/12/2006 06:50

Chrizzy u lazy b.... <3 hurry up and map ;)

dEMolite mapper17/12/2006 08:38

lol SadPuppy i'm laughing sorry but its everyone choices to make a tribute map. And when u want to do a tribute map u dont need to ask a mapper for permissions. And when u have ask Kreedz its okay but u can tell chrizzy to stop making a tribute map because u make ones too. So its the mapper choice what he want to do. So please next time let the mapper choose it self!

skitz mapper19/12/2006 08:49(edited 21/08/2010 02:51)

Originally posted by -Cast0rrrrr-
i want see good fps in this map =/

Chrizzy


It is ;)


Something like this would be nice ..
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/140/1millionfpsau1.jpg

I dont think FPS will be a worry for me, i can easily get 100 fps no problems with 2500+ wpolys with AA and AF on max with vsync on.
[ Edited Tue Dec 19 2006, 08:52AM ]

dEMolite mapper19/12/2006 10:19

aehm u can play on that map then but on an online server not cause it will lag with many players. And Half-Life lags to then cause it wasn't made for so many wpolys.

Chrizzy mapper Tournament #319/12/2006 12:17(edited 21/08/2010 02:51)

Well :O

I have taken a break in mapping, I will still finnish most of my maps incliuing this one. But I dont work on a map everyday as i did before. So it will take time.. Im not in a good mapping mood now, so i only map when im in the mood.. Its been 2 weeks since i last mapped.

I have 1 map now that is finnished, but i will add more details to if i can think of some.

I hope you guys will like it and appreciate my work.

Cya and stay tuned for some new maps from me in the future.
[ Edited Tue Dec 19 2006, 12:18PM ]

Pf0llz0r mapper19/12/2006 15:22(edited 21/08/2010 02:51)

Well :O

I have taken a break in mapping, I will still finnish most of my maps incliuing this one. But I dont work on a map everyday as i did before. So it will take time.. Im not in a good mapping mood now, so i only map when im in the mood.. Its been 2 weeks since i last mapped.

Cya and stay tuned for some new maps from me in the future.

Chrizzy


Me too :(

But I got summervalley finished now I think ...

and GJ on finishing the maps :D
[ Edited Tue Dec 19 2006, 03:23PM ]

Page 4 of 5

Please log in to post replies.