problem with LAME MP3

Started by nikitich moviemaker
08/02/2010 00:39
Page 1 of 1
nikitich moviemaker08/02/2010 00:39(edited 08/02/2010 00:40)

ok, so when i render in vegas in avi, i choose xvid as video codec and lame mp3 as audio. but when i press ''render'' it just shows me an error ''an error has occured to open a codec''.
mby someone know how can i fix it? cuz i wasted like a hour of my life trying to find some info in google, but didnt found smth. help

boom.dll08/02/2010 10:51

did you recently do a fresh windows install? if so... did you install all of your codecs? (the ones you use for moviemaking) do you use any special video FX plugins (non-standard vegas plugins) in your movie?

- remove all video fx then re-render
- try a different output (wmv for example)
- check for broken codecs (there should be a tool for that available on the internetz)
- choose another song

can't come up with more solutions now... i'll think more <3

Mittelfinger08/02/2010 11:26

I have a same trouble. Just use uncompressed. Its a not big difference for audio.

k a f f e e08/02/2010 11:35

boom said it, cant come up with anything else atm... but well there are tons of audio encodings to choose from, why dont you take another one? :>

nikitich moviemaker08/02/2010 13:13

dunno, just wanted to solve a problem with that codec. the funniest thing is that everything is working fine in vdub (i mean lame mp3 is working)

maximaLz08/02/2010 13:26

so maybe it's ur song.. if u want me to record u it as gewd quality just to have another file tell me.. that's all i can do for help atm

nikitich moviemaker08/02/2010 14:16

Originally posted by maximaLz
so maybe it's ur song.. if u want me to record u it as gewd quality just to have another file tell me.. that's all i can do for help atm


thanks, but i dunno, its doing that with every song =[

Lazze08/02/2010 14:37

My solution would be reinstalling the lame codec. You can download the newest version from here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=5195&s=22

rK08/02/2010 14:44

why do you want to encode with lame mp3? I dont really know what it is or rather why its better to use it.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #208/02/2010 15:14

.aac ftw :)

boom.dll09/02/2010 08:56

I've always used PCM uncompressed for audio... it doesn't matter anyway... an mp3 doesn't influence the filesize of the final output anyway :)

opa09/02/2010 11:51

even i was going to say that mp3 is not a big difference for a video file :) it's not hard to find out.
And ndR, .aac pwnz .mp3 in inet radio
And boom, hi friend!

V0ncH...09/02/2010 17:20

PCM uncompressed is a really good codec, uber quality, and nikitich, maybe re-install it and try diff. codec / wmv9 etc./.wma?

try uncompressed render, then vdub or megui it

rK09/02/2010 17:49(edited 09/02/2010 17:50)

can anybody explain why its called pcm uncompressed in vegas?

because I think pule code modification has always to be uncompressed, doesnt it?

boom.dll10/02/2010 01:02

ur just acting smart now :D

rK10/02/2010 18:32

me? I just want to know if its possible to encode pcm with compression because I think that would be cool

preZ10/02/2010 20:02

You can use MPEG Layer-3 to..

I wish we could use a flac codec :D:D

V0ncH...10/02/2010 20:19

Originally posted by rK
me? I just want to know if its possible to encode pcm with compression because I think that would be cool

no i really think u cant, PCM is an uncompressed codec

boom.dll12/02/2010 16:20

Originally posted by rK
me? I just want to know if its possible to encode pcm with compression because I think that would be cool

oh well :P i thought you meant that in a rethorical way. i don't think its possible... because PCM is an uncompressed codec (like v0nch said)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.