Windows 7 [64-bit] NVIDIA drivers

Started by FoF mapper
07/03/2010 18:33
Page 1 of 1
FoF mapper07/03/2010 18:33(edited 07/03/2010 18:55)

Hi mates, I got a problem here: I cannot install drivers for my "GeForce 8400M GS".
I downloaded "195.62_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql.exe" from nvidia.com and when I try to install it, it stops for 4-5mins here: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8541/1installingdrivercompon.jpg then asks me to install "PhysX", seems it istalls successfuly and then installation wizards completes with: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8791/3hasnotbeenmodified.jpg what means I haven't installed anything.

Then I'm able to find "NVIDIA PhysX (32-bit)" in my control panel, and get error opening it: http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8664/4physxerror.jpg

Anybody with ideas?

DiDo-Grecord holder07/03/2010 21:03(edited 07/03/2010 21:04)

ouch thats bad! I knew that if I install 64-bit windows 7 , it will be hard to find drivers. My advice is to switch back on xp or vista and wait until everything is better with Windows 7. P.S I had same problem about the drivers on my laptop , because there arent any hdmi drivers for windows 7 , so now I cant watch movies from the laptop to my TV :/ Sorry for my retarded english :)

boom.dll07/03/2010 21:28

i've used windows 7 x64 and i didnt have any problems whatsoever with the drivers (i have a gf 8500GT TDH)
try cleaning the registry and get rid of useless temp files, and after that restart your comp and try reinstalling the drivers again. :P

FoF mapper08/03/2010 17:00

found working drivers here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
thanks to eDark.

TlofT09/03/2010 01:57

i had problems with 9800gt drivers too. some people used vista 64bit drivers, but that doesn't always work..

i agree with dido, i couldn't stand all the problems so i went back to xp til i can find working drivers for everything (running 2 hard drives)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.