Jump movies section suggestion/idea
Didn't quite know where to post it, so I'm just posting it here.
This is mainly for the admins to look at:
So, I've been noticing that you guys have been very busy deleting WR runs, which is not posted in the sticky.
This is for me at least, not a good thing. I do understand that the sticky is there for a reason, but if you want feedback on your editing, there's no chance you're getting it by posting in the WR sticky.
I've posted one WR there and no feedback at all, and the same goes for most other WR runs in there.
As a new moviemaker, I need someone to judge my work and tell me what could be done better and how.
Since you guys started deleting the topics, the only way of getting this feedback, is through the chatbox (which usually leads to a lot of un-serious comments).
What I'm trying to say is, it would be nice if new moviemakers practicing on WR runs (or all moviemakers?) were allowed to post their movies in new topics, to get the feedback needed to improve their skills.
I agree. I think WR movies deserve their own topics as LJ shows do too. But of course it's still nice to see a sorted list in the "WR runs" thread :)
Originally posted by FliboI agree. I think WR movies deserve their own topics as LJ shows do too. But of course it's still nice to see a sorted list in the "WR runs" thread :)
true.
Maybe we could make system like in the "other movies" section, where you write [Feedback] hel^_x_blabla_0412 and [WR] hel^_x_blabla_0412 (I like the one with feedback, but no idea what to call the other).
This would be so people could tell the difference. You could also just say that WR runs which you want feedback on, gets their own topic, while "pro" WR runs is put in the sticky.
Just throwing out ideas now.
well tbh this isn't a true moviemaking forum... so theres only few people who can give good feedback (without the unnecessary bullshit that GJ, great, awesome, etc ... bring) so imo your suggestion isn't quite adequate...
This part of the forum is for posting movies, not for receiving feedback... use the WR thread to post your movies and your youtube account for receiving feedback.... just my thoughts....
btw: a wr run is a wr run.. the edit doesnt really matter... i'm pretty sure a moviemaker that is not satisfied with his work won't post his movie here... until he feels he has improved.... but thats just my opinion. :P
Originally posted by boom.dllThis part of the forum is for posting movies, not for receiving feedback... use the WR thread to post your movies and your youtube account for receiving feedback.... just my thoughts....
I'd like to use my youtube account for feedback, but it requires people to visit it frequently, and they don't, which makes it quite hard to receive any feedback at all (except from you of course <3).
Also, I am not sure how involved you are with KZ-Pictures boom, but would it be possible to post the links there instead and receive feedback from them? (I know I should probably ask them myself, but thought I'd might aswell ask here, while I'm at it).
well they do have a forum part where you can post your movies :P so i guess you can receive some feedback there... but i dont know how active the website is now tbh. better try it ;)
Yeah, I got the feeling it's pretty inactive aswell, that's why I brought it up here aswell.
Anyways, I'll give it a try tonight. In school atm :(
Please log in to post replies.