question

Started by vilaca-
17/03/2010 20:04
Page 1 of 1
vilaca-17/03/2010 20:04

I formatted my pc and made two partitions, one with 40960MB(40GB) and another with 250GB(more or less)

I installed my OS (windows xp 32bit) in the 40GB partition, my question is:

Can I install programs, for example windows live messenger or steam, in the 250 GB partition (where there is no OS)?

ps. sorry if I couldn't express myself in the best way possible.

eDark17/03/2010 21:10

why not? But only if you can change the installpath ofc

vilaca-19/03/2010 00:53

if i can change installpath,?! do you mean the directory, like D:/blalbalbal/sda.exe

opa19/03/2010 01:30

lots of people do this trick. OS in one partition, programs and stuff in another

fizik19/03/2010 14:43

Random question:

Does that increase speed? I got on my OS drive (my pc was laptop was preinstalled) like 100gb,using them for software,and the other partition,which is 400gb,for renders of movies because they are getting really big. (I need them atleast until I finish a movie :P)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.