kztd_soab RE-DONE *DL LINK INCLUDED* *UPDATE

Started by kodeman mapper
01/04/2010 10:22
Page 1 of 1
kodeman mapper01/04/2010 10:22(edited 02/04/2010 22:43)

That's right! I found the time to re-do soab, and am now happy with the progress I have made. I will be trying to get the kz tag with this map, but am keeping it with a custom tag for now :D

Here are some screenies :D

Spawn room: http://i39.tinypic.com/jpbyix.jpg
First kz room: http://i40.tinypic.com/20gi16d.jpg
Outside kz preview: http://i42.tinypic.com/502e1.jpg
Front of the boat: http://i40.tinypic.com/33p6f6r.jpg

MAP DOWNLOAD LINK v10 (with sky) : http://www.sendspace.com/file/pnsd2w

Note that I hope that all the people that give the map a test will please leave feedback in this thread on jumps/textures they did and didn't like, and things they would like to see added or removed from the map. GL and let me know if you get lost at any point xD

Mephist701/04/2010 13:02

first impression: WOW

First time I played it I had no idea where to go but I realised you've placed the arrows to point you in the right direction which is good. Second time I've played it I knew where to go did'nt even need the arrows :). I really like the theme on this map is just cool and I like the way you split some parts into "easy" and "hard". I also like the way how you can do something in multiple ways. (e.g: instead of bhopping you can do 2 lj blocks at the start). I really enjoyed the bhops they were really amazing, not far apart and not too close. Only part I didn't enjoy is the first kz room where you have to duck everywhere since I'm not really fan of duck jumping. But the ending was a really insane idea how you stop the timer pick up awp and zoom into the timer. That was awesome! Great job and I hope this map will get kz tagged here on xtreme-jumps.eu. I would love to see some amazing jumpers rape this map. GJ!

zzarecord holder Tournament #1 VIP01/04/2010 19:23

Played it and I thought it was well done.

Good job KODEMAN!

Fliborecord holder Tournament #201/04/2010 22:49

Judging by the screens: It looks pretty plain and monotone. In the grey room it's ok because it makes an impression, but the blue outdoors area looks pretty bland. If I were you I'd add some color there and some major detail (massive structure/something, that helicopter was a good idea for example) to make it more interesting. Secondly, the water could be transparent, it stands out way too much. It's looking pretty good though. I hope the jumps are funny and interesting.

kodeman mapper02/04/2010 01:12

@mephist7

This is a newer version from v8, I fixed the head hitters in the first kz room and amde the door jump into WAY ezier :D

@Flibo

The reason the outside looks so bland is because the sky gives off a light blue light, which gives a great atmosphere to the map. That part you were looking at actually has a red structure above the blue part :D

ALSO: please play the map to test, the screens do not do the map justice in my opinion :D

TlofT02/04/2010 05:25

green crosshairs? cal ooo

hm^ mapper VIP02/04/2010 14:33

All about it is a glad map and a good idea.

But i found some bugs.

randomsky doesn´t fit to the theme..
klick

suggestion:

Try this when possible...
klick

clippingbugs or bad mapping on some places:

klick
klick
klick
klick

lightbugs:

klick
klick
klick

There are lot more of lightbugs, only some examples...

Last point is , that the map has a lot of unbalanced jumps in my eyes.

Please fix this, because it´s a really glad map.



WeMeRA02/04/2010 19:23

You should really use the Submit Maps function here at XJ.

TlofT02/04/2010 19:59

hm^, the background on yours is just a bug.. look at his last 2 screen shots and you can see what its supposed to look like

remake02/04/2010 21:22

1st screen = looks good
2nd screen = enough details but not enough textures
3rd screen = too much of blue light + water should be a bit more transparent
4th screen = the same as for 3rd screen
other than that, gj!

kodeman mapper02/04/2010 22:41

wow.... I forgot to add the line under map properties for my new map releases... I'm going to put a v10 with all of hm^'s fixes as well and call it v10 so that you can all see the sky :D

Here you guys go :D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.