120 hz vs 60hz

Started by kznoob
21/04/2010 19:58
Page 1 of 1
kznoob21/04/2010 19:58(edited 21/04/2010 19:59)

Does 120 hz lcd monitor really make a difference? I'm not talking about looks or whatever, dont care about that. I'm talking about performance i.e if it maybe makes your strafing a little easier or your bhop a little better? In other words, is it worth getting, or should i stay with 60 hz?

This pertains to kz so i think its the right section.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #221/04/2010 20:22

No difference in performance.

taka21/04/2010 21:36

No difference in performance, but cs 1.6 @ 60hz looks like a slideshow while in 120hz it's perfectly smooth. So, basically, you could have better timing, or sth. Get at least 75hz for eye comfort -_-

NOEL22/04/2010 00:00

I have a 120hz monitor and it's great. I dont think there is a big performance difference, but I'd still say you should get rid of your 60hz monitor, and if you do, you might aswell pick up a 120hz one.
Like taka said, 60hz kills your eyes. lol

Gargoyle22/04/2010 00:07

Yeh 60hz screens have shown to be linked to headaches.

120hz is so so unnesessary, 100hz or more is good to watch movies with but 75 is just perfect for gaming, esp for games such as CS. Difference is barely noticeable imo.

deus?22/04/2010 03:03

100hz is perfect you can run cs with vsync at 100fps for extra smoothing.
75hz is fine, you can play alot without any discomfort.

And destroy your 60hz one asap, its very bad for eyes and what gargoyle said.

TlofT22/04/2010 04:08

there is no 100hz lcd. 120hz only seems to matter for fast paced things. 60hz on lcd isn't a big deal, until recently all lcd/plasma tv's are 60hz and its fine to watch them

sunriseftw22/04/2010 09:00

i got my Asus VK264 or something like that and i use 60 in windows and 75 in cs and i think that it is nice to play both cod and cs with that.

Gargoyle22/04/2010 14:24

Excuse me TlofT but I have a 100hz LCD screen right down stairs. It's called True Motion technology.

Dragon22/04/2010 14:31

I don't know if it's in my head.. But since I've got my LCD on christmas (70Hz @ CS) I did 250+ lj stats 2 times :) before I did it like 4/5 times. Maxspeed went down (-15ms).. I can't understand, maybe some of the speed is lost within the frames it doesn't display, I don't know, maybe it's just placebo, but I still haven't adapted to LCD. So, I'd rather go for 120Hz monitor it doesn't look like slideshow.

k a f f e e22/04/2010 14:46

im using a 60hz screen since i started playing cs and i still use it. im too used to it to judge the smoothness but it feels alright.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.