DVD Writer acting like a CD ROM/Writer

Started by Ovidiu Dumitru
30/04/2010 19:38
Page 1 of 1
Ovidiu Dumitru30/04/2010 19:38

Hi guys !

When I insert a DVD (doesnt matter if it's blank or not) into the optical unit of DVD Writer, the DVD Writer recognizes it as a CD. Same problem when I try to burn it. Nero says it's a CD, even though into the optical unit there is a DVD.

Also, the name of the DVD Writer partition changed in DVD-RAM Drive (when the optical unit is empty) and in CD Drive (when I put a DVD in the unit).

This is all I can say I guess. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

Thanks !

Hartelion30/04/2010 19:56

This may be a software problem, and not hardware. I'm not sure.

Trolis30/04/2010 20:08

In other software Roxio, i think you need to choose disk type, CD or DVD, also with DATA, MUSIC and other options.

So might be a software prob, like Angel said.

unBreakS02/05/2010 12:44

Same Problem Here. I tried when insert hte CD i restart my PC then its fine.Try Doing it

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.