problem with cs
Hey there. I got a problem with my cs, well here is it. I buyed a new video card 2 weeks ago. When I changed this video card with my old video card(geForce 6200LE), I get some really shitty problem. Well, I got fps drops and mouse lags I really don't know why and how this happens, but I have mouse lags only when my fps drops down. It's really stupid and I can't play.. so here are some screens which you can see how my fps goes down http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3166/kzxjezbrickjump.png & http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5356/bkzwallblock.png ... Here is one more screenshoot, where you can see that in smoke-grenades my fps don't goes down http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/6640/dedust2c.png
I have tried to pre-install windows but no effect, I have pre-installed steam, cs and everything but there is no effect... I really don't know what to do so help me please..
I have latest version of the drivers for my video card.. ATi Radeon HD4600 series...
So if you have any suggestions how to fix it, please post it here :)
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.
I dunno about the drops :S but I had only 60 fps when I started with new graphic card(nvidia) so I had to change in nvida control panel from "quality -> performance" mabey there is something like that u need to do . but I dunno :P
well i'm with ATi the settings are different.. that's the problem :( I know how to fix everything on nVidia video cards but here is so different.. all my settings are on default, only i make Vertical refresh(vertical sync) to Always off so it means OFF like on nVidia cards .. :<<
c'mon guys :( did anyone can't help me ? :S
do you also get fps drops when playing other games than cs?
Originally posted by chosen, gäh?do you also get fps drops when playing other games than cs?
Well, I really don't know because I don't play any other games :D
I think chrizZo had similar problem(or am i wrong?) , cant remember wether he solved it or not.
I have read chrizZo's post in the news about the newest maps. I have the same problem like him on kz_kzsca_bhopindustry and such maps as him as writted in his thread.. :<
Edit: I already see that he writted that "d3d's method" have worked but i don't found a post from user d3d...
d3d is a video render mode, like openGL.
When you are in Counter-Strike go into options and then click on video tab and select D3D, instead of opengl.
For some people (as like me) it works, but that also depends on your processor.
Here is a good thread about it: http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?194992.0
But without any good solutions though :(
Well, I tried it now but the image gets so low and noised quality but the laggiest bug on some maps like kz_kzsca_industry are solved in some places. I will still use OpenGL while I found a way to resolve the problem. By the way I downloaded a 9.3 version of drivers and I thnk it get a bit better maybe. I have tried to install morely older drivers but It can't handle the hardware or something like it...
If I found something I will post it here.
Thank you chrizZo for trying to help me!
Please log in to post replies.