Map Project

Started by PoshitO
21/06/2010 06:15
Page 1 of 1
PoshitO21/06/2010 06:15(edited 21/06/2010 06:20)

I would like to nominate a map (it doesnt exist yet) to be created.
The topic would be Machu Picchu.
though, my knowledges about mapping are as my knowledges about quantic physics...

I dont know if i can request any mapper here to create it. Not as a favor to me, i think all the jumpers are going to enjoy it, i mean everyone knows peru just because of Machu Picchu lol.

About the name, it could be just kz_machupicchu or maybe kzpe_machupicchu or kz_kzpe_machupicchu for obvious reasons.

Thanks

Pieshels mapper21/06/2010 07:00

Learn to map yourself.
It is easy, you don't need to make something 2001-ish on the first try.

And by the way quantum physics are not that hard.

skitz mapper21/06/2010 07:38

I see that '2001' is now the standard that maps are measured by.
Excellent.

Pieshels mapper21/06/2010 08:21

It's not the standart. It's the highest point.
Don't be so sarcastic.

remake21/06/2010 08:28

Originally posted by Pieshels
It's not the standart. It's the highest point.

Actually that's really sad. When I started mapping, I always tried to build my maps to look like the most good-looking kz maps. Probably that's the reason I've released only few maps lol.

TlofT21/06/2010 09:01

Originally posted by Pieshels
It's not the standart. It's the highest point.
Don't be so sarcastic.


its good its moved past ghat

opa21/06/2010 09:33(edited 21/06/2010 09:34)

PoshitO, I would help you but there is one reason why this project is weak - machu pikchu has a lot of open space, which would make the map have high polygon counts and therefore lag.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #221/06/2010 13:18

Originally posted by Pieshels
Learn to map yourself.
It is easy, you don't need to make something 2001-ish on the first try.

Yeah, then we'll all enjoy kzpe_macchupikachu which looks like tri_complex.

m0ver21/06/2010 13:27

So tri_complex is on the opposite end of design :D

skitz mapper21/06/2010 14:01

haha tri_complex, i bet it was the epitome of design when it was released.

PoshitO21/06/2010 22:39

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by Pieshels
Learn to map yourself.
It is easy, you don't need to make something 2001-ish on the first try.

Yeah, then we'll all enjoy kzpe_macchupikachu which looks like tri_complex.


It would be a shity map if i do it myself :/ , thats the reason i post it here like a suggestion.

kzpe_macchuPIKACHU lmao

remake22/06/2010 07:37

Originally posted by m0ver
So tri_complex is on the opposite end of design :D

Haha true, tri_complex is the lowest level of design.

PoshitO24/06/2010 00:23

soooo... can someone do it?

thexdvl25/06/2010 00:24

I think you should learn mapping yourself because as i've seen in older threads no one likes to make maps on order also the result would be pretty much as you expected. I would like to help you at making machu but i'm loosing motivation really fast, also even the smallest errors just crush my nerves immediately. But stick to the idea and keep on asking mappers or as i told start mapping by yourself. I think it would be a success.

perd0 mapper25/06/2010 00:48

I think its LITTLE BIT annoying and difficult to make realistic machu pichu in cs 1,6 ^^

remake25/06/2010 00:55

It would be alot better to build such a map for the Source engine.

kafds25/06/2010 03:09

Macchu Picchu would be a great theme for a map, but as many said you should try and grab the project yourself for maximum glory, honor and beard.

I'd like to see maps which don't seem like kz-maps at first sight.

PoshitO28/06/2010 07:21

mm i was hoping for someone with more experience could do it, im busy with my community right now :/
ill wait for someone :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.