cosy_dustblock

Started by PsYxOpAt mapper
26/06/2010 09:44
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
PsYxOpAt mapper26/06/2010 09:44(edited 27/06/2010 20:28)

Hello guys,today i want to present you one of my new maps cosy_dustblock.I think the map is good enough to be accepted for costum

Author: PsYxOpAt

Challenge:Easy-Average

Record time:10 - 15 min.

Theme:Desert and cave

Download link: cosy_dustblock

hateR26/06/2010 12:20(edited 26/06/2010 12:21)

Very good map, great atmosphere, perfect jumps but the map is 10 - 15 minutes not 5 - 8 mins. By the way the theme is awesome. It would be good to see this map in the record section. Well done PsYxOpAt!
My vote is YES!

D2B26/06/2010 23:14

this map is great, the theme is nice, i like the cave part there are many bhop combos, my vote is Yes

m0ver27/06/2010 21:16

Theme is nice although interior is kinda dark. Jumps are nice even though they can get repetitive in interior part. I liked the slides and they left me wanting for more.

Length is definetly 10+ for me and that is ok because it wasn't boring. Although, I must repeat myself, interior is too dark.

Keo mapper28/06/2010 03:37

what i like about it is that there are alot of combos possibile which makes it a nice map, atmosphere was good. The jumps are..pretty good. The lighting...well...you could do better inside and outside.
And also u seem to use this "M" shaped block..which does not look good, u also used alot of them on the other map which is in the nominations cosy_temple i guess.
U should also try and combine these ideas u have in some smaller maps, as i see...u like to make'em looong.
I vote YES for this one, should be interesting.

Berkut Tournament #229/06/2010 10:30

I really enjoyed the map while playing it, got much pleasure and interest. Very very well done psyxo :) My vote is Yes

omilo29/06/2010 12:29

I like this map because of the fact that it doesn't get repetitive even though it's so long. The atmosphere and architecture in the cave is great, I really like that part.
The outsite part looks good and the lighting gives it a calm cool feeling. The jumps are fun throughout the map as well.

YES

geddyK29/06/2010 17:44(edited 29/06/2010 17:46)

Well, first part/stage was superb, I liked atmosphere and dust textures, but second stage was nightmarish, mainly I mean that was too dark. I almost can't saw, where I jump xD Maybe therefore that is at me sunshine... not important. As a matter of fact, I liked the map a lot. Well done, PsYxOpAt and keep it up! Maybe this time you do some bhop maps? - Time will tell :)

P.S: Great length of the map (10+), such maps should be made often of this type, and not only 3-4, max 5mins =( Once again, great work, PsYxOpAt :up:

st@mbeto. mapper03/07/2010 08:25(edited 06/07/2010 15:30)

yep the textures are coooL :P i like it and i love long maps (jumps are SuPeR ) my vote is YES !@!

koukouz mapperrecord holder21/07/2010 14:50(edited 21/07/2010 14:54)

To be honest, when I saw the name "cosy_dustblock" I didn't want to test it because I thought "one more map with dust2 textures", but I was surprised how cool it looked (fortunately I finally tested it :D). This map is big, offers many combos and is goodlooking, all XJ needs to serve a good endurance map imho.
If I could just advice you to change some things, it would be on the following pictures : http://img193.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cosydustblock0000.png
And also... why this rain/thunder sound if there is no rain and a sunny weather? It made no sense to me

faker mapper15/01/2011 19:50(edited 15/01/2011 19:51)

Not enough votes and no posts for months, feel free to re-nominate the map if you want to!

Page 1 of 1