OpenGL error

Started by Trolis
22/07/2010 21:01
Page 1 of 1
Trolis22/07/2010 21:01

Hi, yesterday I had low fps problem, which I've solved, by setting 16bpp, but today, I have strange error, when loading game in OpenGL.

When starting game/swiching video mode game crashes, and I recieve this message: The instruction at "0x5ed2aed8" referenced memory at "0x00000564" The memory could not be "read"
Click on OK to terminate the program

Game works with d3d/software, but runs slowly.

KooleN22/07/2010 21:19

Try for google it next time m8

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-276642-please-help-counter-strike-error

Trolis22/07/2010 21:59(edited 22/07/2010 22:00)

If you call this an answer : ZFKDaniel Mar 2, 2010 7:48am GMT
this problem is with the RAM not enough memory i have this problem at a game but impossible to fix just buy more RAM and done!

Add comment - Permalink (#1)


You are so fucking damn wrong.

I've googled for 12 fucking hours, without any fucking success.

I've tried EVERYTHING in this motherfucking thread https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1274-UOHK-5653
BUT NOT A SHIT O DAMN SUCCESS

daza mapper22/07/2010 22:46

try reinstalling your gfx drivers.

kafds22/07/2010 23:52

One thing to try is to go to your control panel and check out "add or remove programs" and then choose Counter-Strike (1.6) and right click it, then a box opens up and u choose "Fix" or something. That "worked" for me.

Trolis23/07/2010 00:06

Originally posted by daza
try reinstalling your gfx drivers.

I already have latest.



kafds, I've tried that, and when I push my lovely's mouse right click no box appears, and i can only Remove.

IceVip23/07/2010 11:18

did you tried reinstalling OS it maybe caused by viruses.

Trolis23/07/2010 11:28

Originally posted by IceVip
did you tried reinstalling OS it maybe caused by viruses.

It worked before yesterday, and I didint get any viruses in that time.

vasH,zC23/07/2010 12:27

i once had a similiar problem, my cs would only work in software and D3D, but eventually one day my pc allowed my to change to OpenGL, i must have done something for it to change, but didn't know what :S

Trolis23/07/2010 12:30

I've tried everything that recommends some sites, with that problem, but no damn effect. I think I just need to wait, for mercy ;( OH Steam-God please, please help me !

WeMeRA15/08/2010 05:52

It would help me to help you if you told me what graphic card you have! :)

boom.dll15/08/2010 07:16

how much ram have you got? and what OS are you using? what type of GFX card do you have?

try running an anti-spyware problem... if you get that message ("memory can't be read") it usually means there something eating up your ram... depending on what OS you are running and the amount of ram you have, it can either mean you need more ram, or it's a spyware/virus problem...

sn00p mapper15/08/2010 08:11

Or some .dll's crashed, from OpenGL ofc. Uninstall all drivers related to GFX and reinstall them again ( don't forget to look into registry tho )

boom.dll15/08/2010 11:13

leave the .dll alone sn00b! :(

Vee mapper VIP27/08/2010 21:14

Try launching Counter-Strike with a lame resolution through "Set Launch Options..." in game library, doesn't hurt: -w 800 -h 600 (an example).

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.