99 fps ? How to get 100 ?

Started by eMTi
25/07/2010 12:41
Page 1 of 1
eMTi25/07/2010 12:41

Hi there,

just another fps "problem"..

When I'm ingame I always have constant 99 fps (cl_showfps 1). Well I dont know how but alot of guys here seem to have constant 100. Not that it would make any really big difference, but 100 is nicer than 99 :D Ah and btw.. fps_max is 101 and vsync is off by default.

One more thing.. I have turned off vsync by default in my graphics card drivers, but since I did that, it feel kinda laggy (fps are always 99 tho). Does anyone have an idea how to fix that? Note that I play on a TFT with max 75hz refresh. I guess that's where the problem comes from. Still is there any way to make it feel "fluid" again?

Any hint on both issues would be nice :)

koukouz mapperrecord holder25/07/2010 13:24

you can start cs with 100 hertz, it will go in window mode but to mke it look like full screen you can higher the resolution

Juice25/07/2010 14:18

-freq 100
but you need to have a display with 100Hz support

doktor25/07/2010 14:45

No, put -freq 75 since your monitor can't support 100.
You gonna have real 75 fps (better feeling) and game at 100 fps.

eMTi25/07/2010 18:15

Originally posted by doktor
No, put -freq 75 since your monitor can't support 100.
You gonna have real 75 fps (better feeling) and game at 100 fps.


yeah thanks! that did it. Didn't think of it, but ofc I had -freq 100 in cmd line ;)

doktor26/07/2010 07:32

Else you can buy an expansive monitor, or find a good old CRT as i have and enjoy a smooth game :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.