Comments locked

Started by Punk^
12/08/2010 19:42
Page 1 of 1
Punk^12/08/2010 19:42(edited 12/08/2010 19:43)

When comments are locked in a newspost, it's rather annyoing that you can't even read through them. At least, I like reading through the comments, probably not the only one.
I understand that you should not be able to comment after it's locked but would be nice if you could still see the comments (I know they get opened after a while, but if you feel like reading it while it's still "hot").

Anyways, you if you have your reasons to keep it off-limits for members it's cool. Just something I'd like to able to :)

koukouz mapperrecord holder12/08/2010 20:15

I thought that it would be cool too, but then I thought that if admins locked the comments, it's because there was a flamewar going on and therefore only stupid comments. Maybe you could lock the comments + remove all the negative comments so people can still read the positive ones

200612/08/2010 20:20(edited 12/08/2010 20:20)

Originally posted by koukouz
I thought that it would be cool too, but then I thought that if admins locked the comments, it's because there was a flamewar going on and therefore only stupid comments. Maybe you could lock the comments + remove all the negative comments so people can still read the positive ones

i don't think it's that necessary to remove specific comments, i'll stick with Punk^, allow to see comments, but don't allow to comment.

Punk^12/08/2010 20:33

Originally posted by koukouz
I thought that it would be cool too, but then I thought that if admins locked the comments, it's because there was a flamewar going on and therefore only stupid comments. Maybe you could lock the comments + remove all the negative comments so people can still read the positive ones

Well, that's true koukouz.
I think that, maybe it's not necessary to remove all negative comments but if some are very negative, perhaps it would be an idea to remove them. Would mean more work for the admins though :/

200612/08/2010 21:10

Originally posted by Punk^ [HORSE
Well, that's true koukouz.
I think that, maybe it's not necessary to remove all negative comments but if some are very negative, perhaps it would be an idea to remove them. Would mean more work for the admins though :/

hmm, yes you're right about that, if they're too ignorant and negative would be good to delete them.

WeMeRA14/08/2010 11:14

Originally posted by fak sqk neb
Originally posted by Punk^ [HORSE
Well, that's true koukouz.
I think that, maybe it's not necessary to remove all negative comments but if some are very negative, perhaps it would be an idea to remove them. Would mean more work for the admins though :/

hmm, yes you're right about that, if they're too ignorant and negative would be good to delete them.


Nah, I like to read the troll/flame posts too! :>

Punk^14/08/2010 11:39

Well, the reason I agreed with koukouz is because if you keep all the troll/flame posts, they might just be starting up another "war", which does no good for anyone.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.