vote for close/open thread?

Started by Grrr
25/08/2010 20:07
Page 1 of 1
Grrr25/08/2010 20:07

So do u (admins) think that its better sometimes to let the community decide when to close and open some threads? (for example I've found some old interesting threads, but closed, where IMO its better to bump it than making a new thread about the same thing). I haven't figured out how the vote process must be done.. but I guess that it should be done only by the people who replied in this thread.. or maybe u'll get some ideas about it? Also this seems useful for the spam threads.. it will reduce the admin's work.

koukouz mapperrecord holder25/08/2010 21:26

Mmmmh I'm a big partisan of democraty and let the community decide for many things, but I think you don't need 50 000 persons to know if a thread should or not be closed => spam, flamewar, problem solved

kREWAN25/08/2010 21:54(edited 25/08/2010 23:32)

Originally posted by koukouz
Mmmmh I'm a big partisan of democraty and let the community decide for many things, but I think you don't need 50 000 persons to know if a thread should or not be closed => spam, flamewar, problem solved

Or if you make some "thread-opening-team" that should deside wich threads should be opened or not? But then it would still be a "admin work". I don't know...I like the idea but it's hard to pull it through so everyone get pleased.

Edit: Word IchWill, you're so right! =)

Grrr25/08/2010 22:05

Originally posted by koukouz
Mmmmh I'm a big partisan of democraty and let the community decide for many things, but I think you don't need 50 000 persons to know if a thread should or not be closed => spam, flamewar, problem solved


hm, so what would be for example if me and kREWAN start a flamewar in every thread? admins will close all threads?

boom.dll25/08/2010 23:19

not really... you both get banned and the rest of the community is happy ;)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.