Steam OpenID

Started by dEMolite mapper
31/08/2010 18:52
Page 1 of 1
dEMolite mapper31/08/2010 18:52

Since XJ is not supporting nonSteam users. I thought about somekind of gmod or what ESF is now doing.

When u have an account on ESF and or GMod. You need to active that account with Steams OpenId to get it verified that u own a Legal Copy of Half-Life or GMod10 in Steam.
With this kind of function. You could easily prevent nonSteam users from this community by deny them to download any maps or records.

How it would work?
1 User class will becreated for a registration and for all users.
All users will be transfered to that unverified group.
When someone has verified his account over OpenId from Steam, move the user to the member class again.

Why i am suggesting it?
To prevent inmature flame comments to nonsteam users which are asking why that or this is not working. Its all for the good of the community.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968575517/games?xml=1
Ref: http://steamcommunity.com/dev
ESF: http://esforces.com/news/44/51/Half-Life-Steam-Verification---Required-for-Official-Support.html
GMod:

remake31/08/2010 22:33

Seriously? Probably more than 1/2 of kz players are using nonsteam.. it would be a huge loss for the community.

Hartelion31/08/2010 23:41

Nice idea.

@remake: I don't think it would be such a huge loss. You know, my kz addiction made me buy the damn game, because it isn't expensive, after all.

dEMolite mapper01/09/2010 00:25

after all those actions we did on the steampowered forum last year with the beta update. i think valve deserve such a support from us remake.
(thats what i thought from the beginning.)

kielorz23/11/2010 18:45

also this is rly nice to catch multiaccs, and even connect profile in top15 with the site profile via steamid

alfredoboi23/11/2010 23:05

I have both bought the game and downloaded it as a Nonsteam version. I mostly play Nonsteam when I want to record something - probably because Steam is a fucking shitty piece of crappy bloatware that makes me get low fps and disconnects me every single minute no matter what I do. It doesn't do it in Half-Life though, only CS and other games ^^

I fully agree with remake!

skR'24/11/2010 14:30

so i can't be part of the community if i don't pay (i know it's not expensive) the game?

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.