kz_madness

Started by elvis.record holder
02/09/2010 23:26
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
elvis.record holder02/09/2010 23:26(edited 02/09/2010 23:32)

Hello.

A long time ago, I made a climbing/bhop map called kz_madness aka notkz_madness, it plays on some servers even these days and that made me wonder why it didn't get accepted.
The texutres are from kzru_pharaonrun yes, but why does that change anything? People cannot create new textures all the time.

The jumps are getting harder and harder until the end, that's why the map is called by it's name, madness.
It has both climbing and bhop jumps, new and old ones.

The bad thing is, I've no longer access to the .rmf file, so editing the map is impossible for me. So I sure hope the current version of the map gets accepted, if it does get accepted.

I know one bug at start, when you pass the HP Boost and walk north-east you can then walk on a long and small block, it looks like you walk on the water.
But that does not save time, no kind of shortcut so it doesn't really hurt if it's there, I'd gladly fix it and recompile if I still had the .rmf file though.

Enough talking, here's the link and I hope you enjoy the map:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kdrgyt

cocacola03/09/2010 05:44

maybe this reason?
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/download.php?view.105

PsYxOpAt mapper03/09/2010 07:04

change the name and remove the kz tag!

elvis.record holder03/09/2010 18:29

Originally posted by cocacola
maybe this reason?
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/download.php?view.105


No, they didn't say anything about that, atleast I can't remember that they did.

Originally posted by cC|PsYxOpAt
change the name and remove the kz tag!


Can't, because I don't have any .rmf like I said in my first post.

PeTardO03/09/2010 18:41

To change map name don't need a rmf.. just rename a bsp file.

elvis.record holder03/09/2010 21:47

Originally posted by PeTardO
To change map name don't need a rmf.. just rename a bsp file.


Yes, that's easy...
I thought he was talking about the kz_madness tag in-game, the text which is written on the wall in the beginning of the map

PsYxOpAt mapper23/09/2010 19:59

You have kz_ tag in your bsp file. Also there is another map called madness kz_man_madness.

You said you can't remove the kz_tag in bsp, because you lost the .rmf file. Thread closed and moved.

Page 1 of 1