Help Making a Texture Transition

Started by Timmycakes mapper
04/10/2010 19:27
Page 1 of 1
Timmycakes mapper04/10/2010 19:27

I wanna make a texture that blends into another texture. For example, Radon used this one:
http://oi55.tinypic.com/24ybodx.jpg
in kz_adventure2.

I just want to know how to make them blend together nicely like that.

I have the following programs:
-GIMP
-PHOTOFILTRE
I do not have photoshop

thanks in advance

sn00p mapper04/10/2010 20:35(edited 04/10/2010 20:36)

Well the easy way...

Open photoshop ...

Open your texture, select the Eraser tool and select a brush type for it ( Also reset brushes, and select the smooth ones )

Then just press shift and delete horizontally half of texture...

Now press CTRL+A, and copy paste it over the second texture ( CTRL+C, CTRL+V )

Yes I see that you do not have photoshop but for GIMP and Photofiltre I have no idea, I'm using just PS ...

Sorry :(

Timmycakes mapper04/10/2010 21:23

if u wanna give me photoshop that would help immensely :o i have no idea how to use it but it would be nice to have

sn00p mapper04/10/2010 22:51

Here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop&promoid=EBYEU you can find the trial version of CS5 ( Im using CS3 but options for what you need are mostly the same )

Im pretty sure about what you asked can be done in Gimp and Photofiltre tho almost in the same way as in Photoshop ( Options might be diff dunno )

alfredoboi04/10/2010 23:18

just crack the shit lol, everyone does such things nowadays

sn00p mapper05/10/2010 07:51

Originally posted by alfredoboi
just crack the shit lol, everyone does such things nowadays


For your information were not allowed to talk about warez/cracks.

remake05/10/2010 11:25

Get cracked CS4 or CS5 somewhere.

sn00p: I doubt it's now allowed to talk about it, it's more about posting links.

alfredoboi05/10/2010 14:31

as remake says, im allowed to talk about it as long as i dont post links and stuff :)

Timmycakes mapper05/10/2010 17:34

thanks for the replies but i figured it out. this site http://old.nabble.com/Q:-How-to-apply-transparent-gradient-to-image--td16262174.html
had the exact thing i needed

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.