Sound quality
I have a major problem with sounds in the map I'm making. First of all, is the best quality of sound I can have 8-bit, 22 KHz, mono WAV file?
If so, my next problem is that I take a simple ambient sound which is stereo, convert him with my program to mono and the desired quality and it gets a huge noise which is even louder than the sound itself.
It's impossible to have this sound in my map. Any suggestions about what to do, sound editing programs, sound sites, I don't know.
search for goldwave, i use it all the time and its great for making map sounds.
but yes it HAS to be 8-bit mono.
if u want it to loop you need to set "cue points" at the start and finish of the sound file (if u decide to use goldwave, EDIT --> CUE POINTS --> EDIT CUE POINTS).
as for the LOUD noise, it happened to me before when i tried to use a really long song, but i dunno if it was cuz it was long or cuz i kept minimizing my cs while it was playing in the map :P
I know about the cue points, I have Goldwave and Audacity. The noise appears when I save it from stereo to mono.
I opened the noisy WAV, edited the noise frequencies with Audacity and when I saved it they were all back again. Suggestions about that? I have heard a lot of quality sounds in cs maps that didn't have this noise problem.
try putting on a noise reduction filter BEFORE converting :)
Please log in to post replies.