Watersmoke sprite
Can someone help me configure the sprite for a waterfall smoke right?
I suppose I will use the well know watersmoke sprite which is in so many maps but I just can't get it to look properly. It always seems like a white swirling ball.
Yea, saw that on your map :) env_sprite, select the sprite and select Render as Additive, that's all
Even if I render as additive, the black border will be gone, but it will still be a retarted big white swirling ball. It doesn't look like real water smoke.
What about the size, placement, maybe a little transparent!? I don't know
Just copy+paste them alot times and put them all next to each other so they cover the whole bottom of the waterfall. It kinda says itself that it won't look good with only 1 env_sprite imo ;)
and also make some bigger then the rest to get a more realistic feeling.
Even with additive render mode, it still has a white border. Maybe it is because it hits the brushes of the cliffs?
Also the sprite is visible from faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away, I wonder if there is a better looking sprite if it's going to be so visible even in the fog.
This is what the border looks like:
http:// i51.tinypic.com /bherk8.jpg
Originally posted by byobMaybe it is because it hits the brushes of the cliffs?
Yeah that`s it
Please log in to post replies.