Rotw downloads?

Started by kREWAN
13/10/2010 22:15
Page 1 of 1
kREWAN13/10/2010 22:15

I just think it seems a bit odd to not have a download option on the rotw's? Let me hear what you guys think of it.

CamelCloudrecord holder14/10/2010 07:42

Not really needed, and the files are usually big due to the effects and the editing.

'vaMpPpPpp14/10/2010 08:04

Originally posted by CamelCloud
Not really needed, and the files are usually big due to the effects and the editing.


Not really needed? Ofcourse its needed. But with time it would probably take massive of space on the webserver for all those clips to download.

Many people are saving clips/movies to have something to look back at. Needed or not, its an awesome idea in my opinion. =]

DiDo-Grecord holder14/10/2010 13:36

It is good idea , even if I won't download rotws.

A3TIUS14/10/2010 15:15

Nice suggestion kREWAN :)

But atm I dont think something solid could be done by the XJ staff, although it's pretty sure that your idea would be implemented sooner or later. In the mean time, if you dont mind, I would like to share what I do with the whole "downloading ROTW" thing:

All the ROTWs have been added to the XJ youtube channel. Just use the respective URLs in the site www.keepvid.com and download the same. You get a variety of options there. Right from poor quality 3gp format to HD mp4 format. So you can download the clip according to your HDD space and liking of the clip. Hope that helps :)

kaynerecord holder15/10/2010 05:58

Originally posted by A3T!U$`
Nice suggestion kREWAN :)

But atm I dont think something solid could be done by the XJ staff, although it's pretty sure that your idea would be implemented sooner or later. In the mean time, if you dont mind, I would like to share what I do with the whole "downloading ROTW" thing:

All the ROTWs have been added to the XJ youtube channel. Just use the respective URLs in the site www.keepvid.com and download the same. You get a variety of options there. Right from poor quality 3gp format to HD mp4 format. So you can download the clip according to your HDD space and liking of the clip. Hope that helps :)


isnt it "illegal" to download clips/music from youtube like that? atleast ive heard it somewhere..

CamelCloudrecord holder15/10/2010 07:35

I don't think so, because the YouTube downloaders are legal - I've been using them for some while now for downloading songs for edit.

sn00p mapper15/10/2010 10:07

There are plugins for Firefox that allows you to download clips from youtube and even more sites.

A3TIUS15/10/2010 11:46(edited 15/10/2010 11:52)

Lol..NO !!

It isn't illegal to download youtube videos using the way I mentioned. Its the same as using some random youtube downloader but with the difference that it's better. Sry to say but wherever you heard it from was wrong

Pqst`15/10/2010 15:35

A3T!U$: kayne is right! And youtube quality sux :/

A3TIUS15/10/2010 16:31

Well, I haven't heard anything like that until now. I am still confused as to why is it illegal. I have been downloading in this fashion for the past 3 years or so and yet didn't receive any warning or notice regarding this being illegal.

Is there a reason behind this being illegal ? Is it country-specific ? I think I am confused now. Plz lemme know a bit more about the "illegal" issue. Thnx :)

DiDo-Grecord holder15/10/2010 16:41

Oh dude you are confused about one youtube thingy lol? ^^

CamelCloudrecord holder15/10/2010 18:45

It isn't illegal, A3T!U$`, I think Google would've taken care of the sites that are developing these softwares.

jimbo30/10/2010 17:54

why woulden't it be illegal? o.O

Ackn_12/11/2010 19:33

its a good idea..Maybe we should add it many ppl want to download rotw's +1 from me

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.