Infodecals

Started by byob mapper
22/10/2010 13:37
Page 1 of 1
byob mapper22/10/2010 13:37

Ok so what's the deal with those?
I put one in my map and it doesn't appear when I compile, although it appeared a few compiles earlier. What do I have to do?

alfredoboi22/10/2010 15:14(edited 22/10/2010 15:14)

Infodecals are tricky sometimes. Check that you're actually using a decal texture from decals.wad and not a regular one :)

byob mapper22/10/2010 15:22(edited 22/10/2010 15:39)

I have deleted and remade the decal a thousand times. I put it on the walls and it shows. Then I put it on the actual surface that I want and nothing happens.

And as I said a few compiles earlier it perfectly showed

edit:
OK, I tested a couple more times and I found the real problem. What I have in my map is the ground, a scorch decal on it and a piece of wooden torch on the ground. The problem is caused by the wood brush that is on top of the decal.
When I raised the torch brush about 6-7 units up, the decals started showing. If I take it even 1 unit closer to the ground it doesn't show.

alfredoboi22/10/2010 22:20

Yeah, the surface that the infodecal entity is touching will always be the surface having the decal showing on it.
A torch is a slightly more complex object than a simple cube, and I think it fucked up the surface detection for the decal by having the torch that close :) Im glad you fixed it yourself

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.