Turning of "invisibility" on demos.
Hi, does anyone know a way of turning of the invisibility of the model on a demo so you can see it 100% instead of 20% or what it is? If i need to explain further, let me know.
i think i have the same problem
when i want to make some campaths the player don't apear
No it's not that. The player has chosen to be invisible when he recorded the demo. (you can still see him, but only 20% or some, but he's transparent, which makes him harder to see and it doesn't look good in movies).
try doing following:
First, find out which model it is (swat, leet, gsg9, guerilla, spetznaz, urban....you name it) and remember it.
Now download a program called GCFScape and open up counter-strike.gcf from your steamapps/accountname-folder.
Extract the model you want to be seen in the demo instead of the one in your demo.
Let's just take an example: you've extracted "gsg9.mdl". Now take this model, and put it in the same folder as your counter-strike.gcf (steamapps/accountname). Now don't worry about this one, i'll tell you what to do with it later.
Now you'll need to make the correct subdirectories/folders for the model.
Make a folder named "cstrike" without the "", in that folder make another one named models, and in that one make a folder named player.
Now comes the cool part. Make a folder named after the transparent model in the demo. So if the transparent model in your demo was named "urban", you would call the folder "urban" (without the ""), if it was named dogshit, you would ofc call the folder dogshit. Do you get my point lol?
Now you should have a folder structure called "cstrike/models/player/theNameOfTheModelInYourDemo/. Now, you're gonna take the gsg9.mdl we talked about before (remember, this model could still be called anything, gsg9.mdl is just an example). Drag this model into that last folder we made.
Now, as a last step your going to rename the .mdl-file. So, once again, if the folder it's placed in is called dogshit, you would name the .mdl-file "dogshit.mdl" without the bracklets, and if the folder is called "urban", you would name the model "urban.mdl".
Now, when you're done, you should have a complete folder-structure saying "cstrike/models/player/name-of-model/the-mdl-file-renamed-to-the-same-as-the-last-folder.
Or, just to use a last example, "cstrike/models/player/gsg9/gsg9.mdl".
And don't forget, this folder-structure starts in steamapps/youraccount, and _NOT_ your counter-strike folder!!!
I can't explain it any better, I hope it'll work. And if the model is still transparent, then I guess you'll need to change the code in the demo and I can't do that lol :P
Hehe, a very detailed tutorial, except i know all this. I doubt it has anything to do with the model itself. It's just like when you play WC3 mod and your human, it's still the original model, except transparent. In the Pro Kreedz v2 (or what ever kz plugin you use) you can choose to be invisible which i guess is 20% visible, which again makes you hard to see. I would think HLAE had a command for it, or do soon at least, since it has a lot of other great features.
I don't think you can fix this for the time being. It's an effect that's activated by a plugin, and therefore, its all the the demo file itself, and not models. If I ever find a solution, I will post it here ;)
Well, luckily most of that tutorial was something i copied from a text-document I have saved, so I didn't really waste my time that much ;)
But you can try to go on their forum and tell your story. Who knows, maybe such a function will already be included in the next release?
Please log in to post replies.