How to make a map withuot brushes casting sha

Started by Fanas
26/10/2010 11:14
Page 1 of 1
Fanas26/10/2010 11:14

Can this be possible? I think I saw something like that in older maps. The textures we're really bright and none of them casted shadows, BUT the brushes were shaded (their bottoms were slightly darker than the tops).

Is it something with light parameters or compiling params?

PsYxOpAt mapper26/10/2010 11:53

You cam remove the shadow effect, when you make a brush func_wall or you have to make your map bright. About the other thing I think you are a talking about fade effect. http://er4o.org/gallery/9d2a83fdde610652b85bd1451f3cc7b4.JPG ?

Fanas26/10/2010 12:22

No, not about the fade effect.

If I make a lot of func_walls, the fps drops.
Well then how to make my map very bright? If I make a lot of lights, then brushes will have shadows in every direction and it won't look good :D. Or is there a way?

alfredoboi26/10/2010 13:20

Why the hell would you want that? A map looks so much better with shadows....And the only way I know is to make it fullbright haha

spr1n mapper27/10/2010 10:11

Originally posted by Fanas
...
If I make a lot of func_walls, the fps drops.
...


then you are doing it wrong (my guess is you group all func_walls in your map together or you make func_wall some big objects that affect visleafs a lot)
correct usage of func_wall's does not increase wPoly (and fps)

Fanas27/10/2010 23:02

Yay, I found a way.

Now I use hlrad cmd line -ambient :P

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.