Just starting

Started by xiller
01/11/2010 11:57
Page 1 of 1
xiller01/11/2010 11:57

Hi,

A short introduction, I joined the kz community a couple of years ago and I only played it for a little while. Since a month or 2 I started jumping again and I can say I am an average level climber. I can manage some 240 unit jumps and stuff, but nothing crazy.

Although I really enjoy climbing, I find map creating very interesting. So even though I am not that experienced at mapping, I would really like to create a climbing map.

My question is, since I am pretty new to the scene, is it possible for me to create a good climbing map even though I am not an above average climber?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section

Greets.

FuZzy1 mapper01/11/2010 12:32

yes, it dosen't matter how good or how bad you jump, it matters your mapping skills...

xiller01/11/2010 12:50(edited 01/11/2010 12:50)

Cool, thanks. The main reason I asked, because I was thinking about having to run the map myself, to show it is completable before posting it.

Punk^01/11/2010 14:21

There's always guys willing to beta-test maps :-)

sn00p mapper01/11/2010 18:15

As FuZzy1 said doesn't matter of your kz skill just how fast and well you get the VHE ( Valve Hammer Editor ) also how Punk^ said there are always guys willing to help in beta testing or if you get any problems.

You can use this forum for problems and so also PM'ing any of the active mappers for help.

thexdvl01/11/2010 18:24

That's right what guys above me told but if you want to make a extreme surprise map than it's better to test the possibility of the jumps yourself.

xiller01/11/2010 23:15

Thanks all for taking the time to give me some answers. Looking forward to get started.

1337Avenger.OmG mapper02/11/2010 23:03

im noob too , i can only 240-248 lj ( but on other jumps i rock ) and i will post my 1st map ever after few minutes :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.