sphere design

Started by byob mapper
14/11/2010 09:14
Page 1 of 1
byob mapper14/11/2010 09:14

Can anyone help me in constructing a hollow sphere? I know I can start trying a bunch of stuff but it could save me a lot of time if someone has already done it.

alfredoboi14/11/2010 17:58(edited 14/11/2010 17:59)

http://www.snarkpit.net/snarkpower/articles/game/cat/pn/tp/25/Hollow_spheres

and remember to use hlfix, else it's 99% sure it'll fuck up.

byob mapper14/11/2010 19:54

Alright this tutorial seems to cover everything I will need. But by the way what is hlfix?

alfredoboi14/11/2010 19:59

http://extension.ws/hlfix/

it's a tool that uses floating points instead of integers when making the .map file used for compiling, which makes off-grid vertices stay where they are and not snap. Supports tesselating of non-planar faces, decomposing of non-convex solids and much more. A pretty useful tool actually - remember to use it together with the batch compiler ;)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.